Changing engine cooling

luggsy

Featured Posts

Finally got round to changing the engine cooling ( after buying antifreeze nearly two years ago ) was very apprehensive doing it and not being able to get all the air out when filling back up . Well it was very easy but messy but not any more, the original bottom hose went under the engine and gearbox making it very difficult to drain the gearbox oil as I could not get anything under it to catch the oil , not any more as you can see from the picture, all I have to do now is connect a pump on the hose that comes off the ball valve , open the bleed valve on the skin tank , then open the the ball valve , turn the pump on  , pump it into 25 ltr drums, it works great as I flushed the skin tank out five times , takes less than ten minutes to empty and no mess , I have taken the handle of the valve now just left it on so you could see it , also my son took the old antifreeze to his mates garage for safe disposal 

IMG_0122.JPG