Beavers on the cut?

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

is this a good idea, don't they eat wood, such as lock gates?

Not our lock gates, they are too rotten.

Perhaps if they do; we would get more maintenance free steel ones that work without leaking, to hell with heritage, Brindley never bothered.

6 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Yes, I thought the thread title was referring to a lady who must have got dressed in a hurry! ?

I must have led a very sheltered life, I have no idea what that means :huh:

I was thinking more of the perils for proper working boats with wooden bottoms -- be afraid! Be - glug! glug! - afraid! :lol:

Mark you they could be useful too, I did, last year, notice on the Oxford a tree with a trunk at least 6" diameter happily growing in  the canal bed feet from the bank.

We used to have an ancient  78 record  by the music hall performer Harry Champion called "Here comes old Beaver". Apparently it refers to a type of bushy beard that men used to wear in Edwardian days. 

Several versions on Youtube - one example here:

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DL1KzedC9SFw&ved=2ahUKEwiMtY6nwZjrAhUNY8AKHdnIC00QwqsBMAF6BAgKEAY&usg=AOvVaw1vbRREmtxTus7Wn7n3fDc-&cshid=1597333328384

Edited by Ronaldo47
Typo, youtube link added