How to wrap Noddy.

Bod

Featured Posts

Noddy is due to go into storage for approx 2 years.
He's a late 1950's "Bendy Toy", but not the Sorbo type rubber, more a plastic material.
Should I use tissue paper, news paper, cloth, or bubble wrap?
IMG_1968.jpg
IMG_1968.jpg (62.64 KiB) Viewed 3 times
Calling @Dr Bob we need advice to preserve him, he's Mrs Bods, link to her departed sister.

Thanks
Bod.

Hi Bod.

What a lovely keepsake.

The main thing you need to keep the doll away from is sunlight.  The UV degrades the plastic making it go hard and brittle and also will degrade the pigments especially the red. Keeping it above freezing is probalby also a good idea. I guess it is made from plasticised PVC.

I would wrap it in cloth and then in a box well out of the sunlight. Should survive 2 years without any degradation.

• Greenie 1

Many thanks to all.

Noddy will be loosely wrapped in part of an old bed sheet, then placed in a shoe box.

Now we have (hopefully) sold MiL's house, we can follow our dream, which means, only the good memories, are being kept in store, till we've found a new house, after getting the boat out of our system.

Bod

21 hours ago, Bod said:

Many thanks to all.

Noddy will be loosely wrapped in part of an old bed sheet, then placed in a shoe box.

Now we have (hopefully) sold MiL's house, we can follow our dream, which means, only the good memories, are being kept in store, till we've found a new house, after getting the boat out of our system.

Bod

What makes you think you will ever get the boat out of your system... ??