Electricity Posts in Leeds

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

What is the present set up with electricity posts in either Granary Wharf or the Armories basin? I know that in the Armories basin a couple of years ago you could charge up the posts with cards purchased from the CRT office across the river. These cards were not the same as the normal CRT electricity/pump out cards and they could only be used at the Armories basin. Is the CRT office across the river even open for the sale of these cards?

Also, is it possible to get electricity out of the posts in Granary Wharf? If so how do you make it work and who do you pay?

9 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

Can't get a delivery. Is the CRT office across the river open?

Sorry Im not there at the moment, so I cannot say.

The web site suggests its open though. 8.30 to 5 except Sat and Sun. Closes 4.30 Friday.

11 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Sorry Im not there at the moment, so I cannot say.

The web site suggests its open though. 8.30 to 5 except Sat and Sun. Closes 4.30 Friday.

The web site also suggests that the Leeds Office is temporarily closed. I wonder which bit of the web site to believe! ?

3 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

The web site also suggests that the Leeds Office is temporarily closed. I wonder which bit of the web site to believe! ?

You are probably going to have to give them a bell.

But if they are only available via. the online shop you are probably not going to get anywhere with them.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

You are probably going to have to give them a bell.

But if they are only available via. the online shop you are probably not going to get anywhere with them.

I'll wait untill we get there and if no elecric is available it's not the end of the world. It is of course quite likely that there won't be any visitor moorings available there anyway due to boats staying more that 48 hours.

Make sure you have plenty of water on board before you arrive.  Last time I was there (Summer 2019) the 'advertised' water point above lock 2 was non-functional and any water on the pontoons looked a bit difficult.  Otherwise a top mooring for a city visit.  Exit via the arches and under the station = straight into city.

I reckoned that it is 48 hours on the finger pontoons but longer (?14) up against the edges since only the pontoons are labelled.  (Beware the wind when arriving/leaving - its always there!!)

Edited by Opener
to add para.

Granary Wharf belongs to the commercial property estate there. CRT installed the moorings for them and thus the signs. When we were there in 2018 they didn't seem to mind about staying a few days. The Office is just up and ti the right under the railway arches, so go and ask.