Cheapest Diesel Trent and Mersey

PD1964

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, David Mack said:

Really? I'm sure the local trading standards would be interested to hear about price collusion.

Of course he may have just been giving me a sales pitch to encourage me to buy from him, or I may have mis-heard him or even misunderstood him.

9 hours ago, David Mack said:

on the Cheshire Ring you are in the territory of fuel boats Halsall

Their prices seem very reasonable indeed according to the spreadsheet.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's updated by the likes of ourselves sending in prices by email. I contribute when I can, but there is quite a lot of stale data on the spreadsheet. It's still a handy reference to find pump outs,fuel, gas, etc, but it's only as good as it's contributors. Do be one of those contributors when you can. 

I'll do that, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

9 hours ago, frahkn said:

Norbury Junction seems to try to stay within 0.1p of Wheaton Aston, advertises as the cheapest diesel in on the cut (Wheaton Aston is a garage). They would probably be good for gas and perhaps, solid fuel.

Seems rather counterintuitive that they would collude to have the lowest prices on the system. If Wheaton Aston is a garage, how can boats fill? Do they have a mooring?

4 hours ago, Jinna said:

Roberts garage at Grindley locks on the Llangollen sell red at 52p a litre but you have to fill barrels and carry it. Handy for an emergency 25 litres.

It's remarkable how much the price varies. I don't think I'll be carrying barrels of diesel around and the Llangollen will be too far but thanks for the tip.

41 minutes ago, ivan&alice said:

Seems rather counterintuitive that they would collude to have the lowest prices on the system. If Wheaton Aston is a garage, how can boats fill? Do they have a mooring?

Yes and a very long filling hose from a pump elsewhere. its a DIY job unless its altered since we were there.

12 hours ago, ivan&alice said:

I've been told that Wheaton Aston is the cheapest on the system, is that true?

Hawne Basin will be cheaper! Think it was 45ppl when I filled up there earlier this year! Might have been 55p but fairly sure it was 45. They sell it 10ppl cheaper into boats than cans (apparently they sell a lot to users on the industrial estate).

9 hours ago, ivan&alice said:

Their prices seem very reasonable indeed according to the spreadsheet.

I'll do that, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

It's remarkable how much the price varies. I don't think I'll be carrying barrels of diesel around and the Llangollen will be too far but thanks for the tip.

Yes they have a mooring on the off-side and a long hose which runs down the embankment from the forecourt on the road above. I have only bought diesel there, I don't know about gas or solid fuel.

I have not mentioned "collusion" but they are usually 0.1p cheaper than Norbury Junction.