Secure moorings around Camp Hill.

Terryb

Featured Posts

I came from Pelsall. From Wolverhampton.  The worst 5 days of my boating life. Over 4000 miles and I wish I'd never seen the Wyrley and Essington canal. I have never encountered so much weed for so long. In total 19 miles of the 23 I've done this week. ?‍♂️

21 hours ago, Terryb said:

Yeah. Its overheated and 300 yds behind me. ??

He was still there this morning, the problem was he had a duvet round his prop. I think you stopped in the worst spot for weed last night, we came to a standstill there but got away again.

On 05/08/2020 at 15:50, Terryb said:

I am now WELL AND TRULY STUCK. The Tame Valley got me before Perry Bar locks. Has anyone any idea what I can do. I've taken 5 hours to cover 1 mile. Been in the weed hole 7 times. The front is ploughing up So much Cabomba Weed, that I can't push through if I had a clear prop. I've called CaRT so far 2 hours and nothing. I'm scratching my head for ideas. 

Here is a photo of Terry's pile of weed 

Terrys weed.jpg

Wow you did well. I actually enjoyed the fact I was in water (sort of) for most of them. My day started at 10.30 finished by 15.30 including a couple of breaks chatting and blackberry picking for a nice treat tomorrow.  Moored now at Star City. Safely weed free.  

1 hour ago, Heartland said:

The trials of TerryB. I do not think James Walker had weed in mind when he designed the Tame Valley.

I wonder, did CRT come to your assistance?

I called them the next day when stuck in Rushall lock 4, but by luck heard there was a gang working at lock 8, so walked down and caught them just as they were packing their tools up, so they came up and helped.
I rang the call centre and gave my details, was put on hold for a few minutes and was told the chap needed was driving and he would call me. He did call and left a message that he would be with me in an hour. By then the three guys from lock 8 were wandering up, working from my stern they removed two large branches and a bike frame which got me out but left one bottom gate unable to be opened. The chap and his mate turned up and fixed that after we left. No complaints from me on that one