Jump to content

Buckby flight closed until 07 th .


Featured Posts

51 minutes ago, Bod said:

Thats a big pound. Watford locks to Braunston locks, via the tunnel.

 

Bod.

It was brim full at 7am, but since then they have filled the pounds between Whilton bottom lock 13 and Buckby 9. ......

Along with several dozen boats going up and down each way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It was brim full at 7am, but since then they have filled the pounds between Whilton bottom lock 13 and Buckby 9. ......

Along with several dozen boats going up and down each way.

Mmm! I was going to be joining em, but I think i'll give it a day or two!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, matty40s said:

 

Could well have been!

We also passed by you moored by Norton Junction around midday today.

 

We came down Watford Locks late morning. There was a hell of a lot of water leaking through one of the cills there, 2nd lock down I think it was. The Vlockie had called for CRT assistance. I've not seen any notices, so I assume its OK / Been fixed / About to fail

 

 

IMG_2142.jpg

Edited by Big Bob W
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pumps working at 7am, the great hire boat rescue was completed this morning with the last 4 going down very early.

1 hour ago, Big Bob W said:

Pound below lock 9 dry this morning.

CRT running down water.

That's been dry every morning this year, I cant believe they didnt take the opportunity to fix lock 10 that at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

While I’m aware of the power of social media to flag these things up, sinkings seem to be depressingly common these days. Looking back to earlier days, I don’t recall anything other than the very occasional incident. Any thoughts? Am I wearing my rose tinteds??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dave moore said:

While I’m aware of the power of social media to flag these things up, sinkings seem to be depressingly common these days. Looking back to earlier days, I don’t recall anything other than the very occasional incident. Any thoughts? Am I wearing my rose tinteds??

I do think the internet in general means we hear more of what’s going on all over the system. Having said that I think there’s less tuition from hire fleets which in turn means less experience if/when people then own their own boat..this coupled with people thinking the cut is a theme park where all risk is eliminated has lead to people becoming complacent.

 

Some of the problem now is life indeed has had a lot risk taken from it...so when it actually is present people can’t cope with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Hope Vulpes and Captain Pegg got up there, he was sharing with a hire boat st 5.30 pm yesterday!!

Hopefully he was through, not sure where he posted the picture of Aquila from last night.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, frangar said:

I do think the internet in general means we hear more of what’s going on all over the system. Having said that I think there’s less tuition from hire fleets which in turn means less experience if/when people then own their own boat..this coupled with people thinking the cut is a theme park where all risk is eliminated has lead to people becoming complacent.

 

Some of the problem now is life indeed has had a lot risk taken from it...so when it actually is present people can’t cope with it. 

At the same time, it is popular to ignore wise advice built on years of practical and informed experience in order to be a sovereign boater doing just as they please. Sometimes it is forgotten that 'freedom' always brings with it the freedom to do unwise things!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dave moore said:

While I’m aware of the power of social media to flag these things up, sinkings seem to be depressingly common these days. Looking back to earlier days, I don’t recall anything other than the very occasional incident. Any thoughts? Am I wearing my rose tinteds??

Keeping too close to silly cill markers and playing smart phones not paying attention. :closedeyes:.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Does anyone know what happened as that looks like the front end under water going up in the lock so not sat on the cill.

 It's going down - you can see the bottom gate recesses at the left hand end

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.