Gardner Water Pump

mark99

Featured Posts

Thanks. No reply to Gardner tel number and their online inquiry system does not work either but have emailed both them and Gardner Spares.

Will try Tangent although iirc, they are based in Ireland and I need this cover asap.

They day is not completely wrecked. Its not often one gets to genuinely use the word "spigot".  ;)

16 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

This would be another way to go:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/102165799837532/

http://www.gardnerengineforum.co.uk/Web PDF Versions/Newsletter 13.pdf

I've had parts for machinery from Ireland with little or no delay in delivery.

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Will try Tangent although iirc, they are based in Ireland and I need this cover asap.

They are based in NI.  Not the other side of the world?. I know they generally have a number of engines in a state of reconditioning and repair.

what about Redshaw engineering in Braunston.  If they don’t have one perhaps they could make one?

Marine Power Services?  I think that is their name and I think they may be on here.  My memory issues may have got the name wrong lol

It's deffo bodge-able.

I can bang in some copper pipe, epoxy putty, gaffer tape etc and will be the contingency plan. It appears to be a type 15 pump cover. There are numerous types of cover.

;)

Edited by mark99

4 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Get a welder to weld a piece of ally pipe on?

Spot on, I was going to say the same but thought I would read the post first. The chap down the road from me retired last year and disposed of most of his gear, he would have sorted it in an hour, I have seen him do exhaust bends and alli props.

4 hours ago, GRLMK38 said:

@Halsey did you sell your spare?

Sorry only just seen this - yes I did

6 hours ago, mark99 said:

Anyone know where to get one of these?

Thanks.

As you can see the spigot has corroded away. Its on a 2lw.

20200801_111419_resized.jpg

Obviously try Walsh's BUT have you tried the guy who runs the Gardner owners club Steve Gray 07802 494492 VERY helpful bloke.

J

Edited by Halsey

4 hours ago, mark99 said:

It's deffo bodge-able.

I can bang in some copper pipe, epoxy putty, gaffer tape etc and will be the contingency plan. It appears to be a type 15 pump cover. There are numerous types of cover.

;)

Looks like it https://gardnerspares.com/product/6lxb-marine-water-pump-cover/

On 01/08/2020 at 12:35, mark99 said:

Thanks. No reply to Gardner tel number and their online inquiry system does not work either but have emailed both them and Gardner Spares.

They day is not completely wrecked. Its not often one gets to genuinely use the word "spigot".  ;)

Here's someone using it incorrectly.

On 01/08/2020 at 17:03, mark99 said:

Halsey sold it.... just checked.

Tangent have replied. Joe will get the business.  :)

I have just discovered Joe's Youtube videos, and can't stop watching! I don't even own a Gardner! 

He's very good at explaining things and really knows his stuff. 

2 hours ago, booke23 said:

I have just discovered Joe's Youtube videos, and can't stop watching! I don't even own a Gardner!  

His son also posts some of his work/engines in the Gardner Diesel Engines forum on fb.  Just in case you get bored and need to view more??

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1