Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
haza

bobs masterpiece

Featured Posts

hi i did not know were to put this one ,but for the last few weeks there is not a day go by that mister ,does not listen to dylans epic song .murder most foul, 3/4 times a day even .an.d all i get of him after hes turned it off is thats got to be bobs masterpiece .sure hes wrote some great songs ,saying that bobs not every ones cup of tea ,i can listen to some of is stuff,but not like mister he thinks bob is the greatest even , any thoughts any one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me Dylans music is an occasional thing, I sort of forget he exists for a while and then hear a track and realise quite how good he is.

Which now means, as you have reminded me, I will have to listen to a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too, I’ll have listen 👍

 

Listened to Hurricane the other night a brilliant song. 
 

I’ve heard bits off his new album and can’t say I’ve taken an instant liking. But then I’ve always been at least 25 years behind his stuff. So it may grow on me. I’ll let you know in 25years

3 minutes ago, haza said:

hi its 17 mins long tree monkey you may not have enough time .lol

I have time

I hope 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listening now. 
This is one of his new ones I can’t get into. 
Sorry, it just goes on, and on, too much for me. 
 

I guess it will grow on me though in time. 
👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never really understood why I like Dylan, I mean really his voice isn't exactly good but it works, a bit like Leonard Cohen I suppose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well i say that to mister ,and is reply is well thats just it,  theres only  bob that can get away with it  yes .cohen hes there also i can listen to some but not to much ,

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I never really understood why I like Dylan, I mean really his voice isn't exactly good but it works, a bit like Leonard Cohen I suppose 

I’ve been listening to a bit of Townes van Zandt lately and he has that sort of singing voice too. 
Not a great singing voice but has good ‘stories’ to tell. 

Good to listen to if you play guitar. 
Cohen and  van Townes great for finger picking patterns

Edited by Goliath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard Cohen said someone showed him a chord sequence in 1964 and he'd been using it ever since! Not actually true, but a good line. I love all his stuff, and Dylan up to about ten years ago. Everything he does now seems to be a tuneless 12 bar variation, mostly about himself and what a genius he is! "I contain multitudes" indeed. Not for me, but the early and mid period stuff still rocks..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Bob Dylan was always a bit "Emperor's new clothes" for me. I never could understand what people saw in his wailing.

It was the directness of the writing, at the start, and then the combination of great tunes and imagery in his rock period. If the stuff hadn't been good, it wouldn't have been covered by so many people. He made a lot of money as a songwriter, as well as a recording artist.

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when mister seen him in the 90s ,bob said he was forever being asked what is songs are abt ,bob himself said he dont know so how could he explain  them ,but thats just tosh .i dont think it was ever abt money with him like bob said at the brum gig if only one person like what he did hes a happy guy .but thats easy to say when you got a fortune .im more john prine myself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Leonard Cohen said someone showed him a chord sequence in 1964 and he'd been using it ever since! Not actually true, but a good line. I love all his stuff, and Dylan up to about ten years ago. Everything he does now seems to be a tuneless 12 bar variation, mostly about himself and what a genius he is! "I contain multitudes" indeed. Not for me, but the early and mid period stuff still rocks..

 

How can you say this?, surely nobody has ever worked out what Dylan is talking about. even Dylan himself probably doesn't know 😀.

 

......Dave

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dmr said:

 

How can you say this?, surely nobody has ever worked out what Dylan is talking about. even Dylan himself probably doesn't know 😀.

 

......Dave

They were all off their tits on LSD in them days so none of them knew what they were singing about. 
 

Look 👀 at that Peter Green who died the other week. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Goliath said:

They were all off their tits on LSD in them days so none of them knew what they were singing about. 
 

Look 👀 at that Peter Green who died the other week. 
 

 

Green Manalishi 😀

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we went and seen peter green and the splinter band at the robin hood bilston abt 8 years ago great gig ,but such a shame even then for peter. he did not want to sign misters cd but he did after a while tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

misters hobby is writing songs and as been for years ,but nearly every one, are very much influenced by bob .he plays tweeter  and the monkey man on is acoustic ,which i find to be very good ,but when he plays the same song on the 5 string banjo ,its just brill even if i say so my self .,there are many ways to do any of bobs songs ,but never ever like the great man himself .misters words not mine 

  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dmr said:

Green Manalishi 😀

Exactly. 
 

But there’s plenty of Dylan stuff that does make sense. 
I think the one’s that don’t make sense we’re a canny way of getting you to listen again and again to make sense 😃

But then you can make what you want to make of them which is their magic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Exactly. 
 

But there’s plenty of Dylan stuff that does make sense. 
I think the one’s that don’t make sense we’re a canny way of getting you to listen again and again to make sense 😃

But then you can make what you want to make of them which is their magic. 

One of the lovely things about music is that you can make your own meanings and pictures in your head, so its good to have a bit of mystery. If the lyrics are too certain then there is no room for your own interpretation. Sometimes finding out too much about a song can wreck the images you have created. Was it you who told me that Hawkwinds silver machine was not some amazing spacecraft but a humble pushbike? 😀

 

................Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 60's and 70's I didn't like Dylan, but over the last 15 years he has begun to grow on me, so perhaps Goliath is right, it takes 25 years for his songs to grow on you! 😁

  • Happy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dmr said:

One of the lovely things about music is that you can make your own meanings and pictures in your head, so its good to have a bit of mystery. If the lyrics are too certain then there is no room for your own interpretation. Sometimes finding out too much about a song can wreck the images you have created. Was it you who told me that Hawkwinds silver machine was not some amazing spacecraft but a humble pushbike? 😀

 

................Dave

Pushbike or motorbike, can’t remember. 
But I might have made it up, can’t remember. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.