It's f@cking hot onboard today!

blackrose

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, blackrose said:

34C in my boat with all the doors and hatches open. 

I work from the boat so didn't have time to move to a shadier spot today and was too tired to move yesterday evening. Looks like we're back to more reasonable temperatures tomorrow anyway...

You're not wrong, too hot far too hot

Bucket of water over ones self would also help.

We're on the Thames at present. Lots of swimmers, paddle boarders and the like. We're moored under trees. Problem is, the trees have grown in the wrong place!

Never been a sun worshipper and don’t like hotter than hot temperatures. 

It has been hot at home today. It is just cooling down a touch in the garden now the sun has gone off it.

Off to the boat soon which will have been sat in the sun all day with the hoods on so will be boiling hot. 

First job taking the hoods off. Second job going to the pub for a few beers while the boat cools down. ?

2 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Too fluppin’ hot.  Crazy that on Thursday we were passing boats with their stove lit

It's been an odd year, apart from the virus thing, the weather has been too wet, too dry, too hot and too cold at various points and in no particular order

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, john6767 said:

Too fluppin’ hot.  Crazy that on Thursday we were passing boats with their stove lit

Ha ha

There’s always one. ?

*sorry misread your post. Thought you’d passed someone today with their stove on. But it wouldn’t surprise me if you had. There’s always someone who has their stove going on hot summer days. Usually burning green wood with a nice smokey chimney. 

Edited by Goliath

Certainly was hot.

I was working today painting kitchen tiles for a client and doing other things and I called it a day at 15.30. Boat was hot inside even with all curtains closed and windows open. Had a nice cool shower and then went out in my non work car. The joy of working AC. Popped to shop and chippy!

Still warm but just chilling with fan on and some cold pop!

James?

19 hours ago, tree monkey said:

It's been an odd year, apart from the virus thing, the weather has been too wet, too dry, too hot and too cold at various points and in no particular order

I think unless real measures are taken it's going to be the new norm, the science tells us that global disaster is around the corner but I think it's here already. If the virus was to remove 80% of the world's population the rest would be be safe, harsh I know but unavoidable I suspect 

40 minutes ago, peterboat said:

If the virus was to remove 80% of the world's population the rest would be be safe, harsh I know but unavoidable I suspect 

It would be harsh if it wasn't ridiculously extreme. Populations have survived much worse and that's without modern medicine and technology. With regards to global warming, its difficult to say we're not having an impact, but I also believe the earth's natural weather patterns and cycles play a huge part. It's easy to take for granted how stable our weather in particular is, but over large timescales it is anything but. 

I used to have an air conditioning unit running on my old boat while in a marina, more for the dog's benefit than anything else. The boat had a satin cream painted roof. I re-painted it gloss cream and never used the air conditioning unit ever again until I moved back into a house... It's amazing what difference the paint made. It was more or less the same colour so I imagine it's the gloss that made the difference. Not so ideal for walking on the roof in the wet though...

Edited by RichM