9.5mm Male Spade Terminals

Featured Posts

Anyone know where I can get some Yellow insulation pre-insulated 9.5 mm male spades?  Female ones are easy, 6.3 mm ones are easy, but alternator output sized male ones are not.

Google is not my mate, nor can Amazon, E-bay, Vehicle Wiring Products or 12V Planet provide, AFAIK.

So, over to the Forum please.

N

1 minute ago, BEngo said:

Anyone know where I can get some Yellow insulation pre-insulated 9.5 mm male spades?  Female ones are easy, 6.3 mm ones are easy, but alternator output sized male ones are not.

Google is not my mate, nor can Amazon, E-bay, Vehicle Wiring Products or 12V Planet provide, AFAIK.

N

I got a large mixed box with some in from Aldi.

31 minutes ago, GRLMK38 said:

10mm on ebay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/112382849258?chn=ps

They probably sell small files too .... ?

The actual spade in the picture doesn't look 10mm unless the crimp part us designed to take extremely thick cable.

39 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

Don't think I've ever seen them but I will check my catalogues tomorrow.

All my years in the vehicle electrics business and me neither.

41 minutes ago, pearley said:

The actual spade in the picture doesn't look 10mm unless the crimp part us designed to take extremely thick cable.

My mistake, the description doesn't really follow standard convention for this type of crimp.  The 10mm, in this case, is the length of the conductor.

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

N

Any good ?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-x-Yellow-9-5-mm-Insulated-Female-Spade-Crimp-Connector/164154234971?hash=item26385ad85b:g:h7IAAOSw7SZeblu1

Sorry just noticed these are female.

Edited by Flyboy

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

N

Ebay.  Quite a few available, as an example -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Yellow-9-5mm-Insulated-Female-Spade-Crimp-Connector/253030154589?epid=20004718827&hash=item3ae9c5c15d:g:fPIAAOSwvjdZXXUb

5 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

As he stated in the OP, “Female ones are easy”. He’s after male. 

21 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I fear the OP may have to end up with a crimp on eye terminal, a 9.5 mm bale blade with hole for a nut & bolt plus heat shrink.

Or just use something else. 

1 hour ago, Murflynn said:

dumb question - why do you need them?

Very pertinent question I'd say.

3 hours ago, BEngo said:

N

RS list them as 9.52 mm if that helps.

Only uninsulated in reels of 1500 though ...

https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/p/spade-connectors/7650867/

11 hours ago, Murflynn said:

dumb question - why do you need them?

I was going to use them to connect my new fridge, as the existing boat 6mm2  cable fits a yellow sleeve, and the tails on the fridge are also about that size.  By using a male blade on the negative supply and another on the positive fridge tail, with matching females on the other cables I can make a connection that only fits if correctly polarised.  6.3 mm might be big enough, current wise, but I was keeping the volt drop minimised.

Hey ho, back to connector strip and ferrules.

Thank you all for your inputs.

N

I would just solder the bare ends, given it is stranded wire, and join them in a connector block overlaying the cables. Anyway I have learnt something - that you can't get 9.5mm male connectors so I won't go looking for any!

22 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Why not Bullets?

I don't have a proper crimper for bare bullets (or any bullets or joiners) and the pre insulated ones could be assembled in reverse polarity so don't fit one of my 'wants'.

Connector strip will work, and 9.5mm blade tags are available,   I just need to make sure the fridge only gets taken out for cleaning when I am around to do the reconnection.

N

2 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Or try searching for 3/8" male spade connectors. The original standards are imperial. 3.8" = 9.525mm. 

First result from Google. https://www.amazon.com/Male-Spade-Terminal-Connector-Pack/dp/B078L8FXL7

Lots of others.

Jen?

Unfortunately they are all the uninsulated type  meant to be held in alternator terminal blocks and the like.

But thank you for looking.

N

5 minutes ago, BEngo said:

I don't have a proper crimper for bare bullets (or any bullets or joiners) and the pre insulated ones could be assembled in reverse polarity so don't fit one of my 'wants'.

Connector strip will work, and 9.5mm blade tags are available,   I just need to make sure the fridge only gets taken out for cleaning when I am around to do the reconnection.

N

Unfortunately they are all the uninsulated type  meant to be held in alternator terminal blocks and the like.

But thank you for looking.

N

You can get pre-insulated crimp on bullets and recepticals so can be fitted polarised as you intended and crimped with an ordinary pre-insulated crimper. Take care because they  come in two types that are not interchangeable.

I used to get mine form Vehicle Wiring Products but loads of suppliers on Google, I suspect even Halfords

Edited by Tony Brooks

27 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

You can get pre-insulated crimp on bullets and recepticals so can be fitted polarised as you intended and crimped with an ordinary pre-insulated crimper. Take care because they  come in two types that are not interchangeable.

I used to get mine form Vehicle Wiring Products but loads of suppliers on Google, I suspect even Halfords

Or get an inline plug and socket.

• Greenie 1

whatever type of connection you decide to use why not just wrap (shrink wrap or tape) the +ve with red and the -ve with black.

...............   no that's probably too simple.    :rolleyes:

....................................  sorry, I'm in  K.I.S.S. kind of mood these days.   

• Greenie 1

53 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

You can get pre-insulated crimp on bullets and recepticals so can be fitted polarised as you intended and crimped with an ordinary pre-insulated crimper

Just so :)