Petition to apply pressure to CaRT

Midnight

Featured Posts

On 29/07/2020 at 10:42, Midnight said:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/refer-canal-river-trust-to-govt-for-failures-to?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign&quote_id=quote2&title_id=title1&recruiter=12840375&shared=ok&loc=view-petition&fbclid=IwAR26epjIazzyte_pei2mlf4GfhXUtQFptc6dS7xjPptXcTcvnm0kUQOCm3Q#_=_

Apologies for copying this link from TB but being moored locked on the Calder Navigation with little chance of escaping for a decent holiday cruise and even less chance of getting back I am fed up to the back teeth of Parry & Co who seem to forget CaRT is supposed to be a navigation Authority.

Please sign if you are a p**sed off as I am.

I think that the National Trust should take over from C&RT. Look at what a fantastic job they did with the Stratford canal.

:)

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Laurie Booth said:

I think that the National Trust should take over from C&RT. Look at what a fantastic job they did with the Stratford canal.

At least with the NT you can be a member with voting rights at the AGM.   CRT you can pay out money to be a friend with no rights.

1 hour ago, Laurie Booth said:

Well at least membership with voting rights would be available instead of this lame friends scheme

2 hours ago, Jerra said:

At least with the NT you can be a member with voting rights at the AGM.   CRT you can pay out money to be a friend with no rights.

I'd rather have a chance of things getting fixed rather than be a member with voting rights.

The Stratford was barely navigable when CRT took it over in 1988 from the NT who spent next to nothing on it since the David Hutchings restoration in 1964.

Edited by cuthound
Clarification

12 hours ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

You first. How many Freedom of Information requests have you made  over the last 5 years.

You may wish to start a new thread rather than drag this one off topic.

I’ve never made a a request. 

No I won’t start a new topic. 
It’ll just be a crappy tit for tat, round in circles argument. As can be seen with this reply where you’ve avoided answering my question. (There’s a certain irony with that.) 

After glancing through your FOI requests I was surprised to see how many didn’t make sense, and were returned unanswered other than to say they didn’t  make sense. So I’ve no further interest. 

13 hours ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

A very old survey found that responding to simple freedom of information requests made via whatdotheyknow.com cost just under 15 pounds.  FOI allows authorities to refuse requests on the grounds of cost.

i wonder what the hourly rate of pay for office staff was when that figure was produced. £15 now would  probably not cover the cost of the request being read.  I also wonder how many people who submit F of I requests  would quite happily accept the  answer that the request was being ignored on the grounds of cost.  More likely that response would give give rise to yet another F of I request.

As I said, F of I requests have their place but I don't think they should be used to acquire information which is little practical use to the requester or anyone else.

As boaters, I think we should all be doing what we can to help make the canals a better place and if that is by reducing one of the costs to C&RT then so be it.  

haggis 

Edited by haggis
  • Greenie 1

5 hours ago, cuthound said:

I'd rather have a chance of things getting fixed rather than be a member with voting rights.

The Stratford was barely navigable when CRT took it over in 1988 from the NT who spent next to nothing on it since the David Hutchings restoration in 1964.

CRT don't deserve the credit for all those years from 1988. They weren't around then, thank goodness.

1 minute ago, Ferd said:

CRT don't deserve the credit for all those years from 1988. They weren't around then, thank goodness.

True, it was their predecessor BW, but if BW were still in existance today the government would be restricting the money they could spend.