Support if you can

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

I get work

Get paid

Do work

:)

Yes, but how do you get work? You do a bit of publicity, just like wot the OP has done, and hope you catch some interest. Entertainment isn't like plumbing, however.

As a musician, I might cold call a hundred pubs to see if anyone wants my kind of band. If they do, off I go. I'll get paid for the job even if the pub's empty. But no audience, no second gig, which is what you want, because then it's an income stream instead of a one off. So as an entertainer it's important to get your audience lined up first, before you produce your content. No audience, no second gig, however good your content.

So that's what, I think, the OP is doing.

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, Floating Round Britain said:

Don't worry, we will keep coming back, as I stated before we only listen to people with something good and decent to say.

And I think that is a major mistake. 

It may not look like it from my previous posts but I would like if you could succeed however I do still have a general issue with the notion of requesting subscribers  to channels which have yet to produce content. 

Once content is available then, and only then, would I consider subscribing. 

3 hours ago, Floating Round Britain said:

Edited by reg
Tablet went berserk. Posted multiple copies
  • Greenie 2

17 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I subscribe to Foxes Afloat and cruising the cut.

Both interesting but very different in style. In fact they are poles apart in style but still an enjoyable watch.

Found them during lockdown and they helped pass some of the time stuck with no where to go.

Some of the stuff the Foxes do has an interesting historical aspect too.

As I understand it, both are produced by people with a relevant professional skill.

2 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

As I understand it, both are produced by people with a relevant professional skill.

Yes I believe that is correct, and it shows.

I have subscribed. If it is not of interest to me I won't watch - it doesn't cost anything either way! 

Good luck to the lads.

There have been several television series about the canals where the team seemed to deem it necessary to set up collisions and then have a hearty laugh about it. I assume that isn't their intention.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by PhilR
  • Greenie 1

On 29/07/2020 at 10:23, Floating Round Britain said:

We are just getting it out and about for now to build up an audience base, people who are interested will subscribe ready for the first episode.

I'm bored already ...................... what's the point of it - do you know anything about canals - have you even got a boat?

BTW - I'm totally genuine?

Edited by Halsey
  • Haha 1

The chaps could have at least whetted appetites with teasers of forthcoming episodes.

A cruise has already been covered by All Aboard! (although I'm not saying 'if you've seen one...'), so maybe they're still working out different ideas for episodes. Maybe some slow TV ideas could be pitched here, like 'filling a water tank', 'fishing out my keys'...?

8 hours ago, Sir Percy said:

Maybe some slow TV ideas could be pitched here, like 'filling a water tank', 'fishing out my keys'...?

Great idea,  emptying the cassettes,  wading ashore to fill the pound,  cleaning dog poo off the carpets,  many more wonderful pieces of canal life.

TD'

54 minutes ago, Laurie Booth said:

Awaiting the video promised for Saturday 1-8-2020 ?

You didn’t take him seriously did you? 
  The guy says he’s lived on the canals the last 4 year in a small Dawncraft, after 4 years he’s progressed to a 30ft Narrowboat(rather old and in need, looking at his Avatar) does not fill me with confidence that it’s going to be any good or he’s to be taken seriously.  We’ll wait and see, or maybe just keep waiting.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

On 29/07/2020 at 10:20, Floating Round Britain said:

Good morning everyone, today I am able to share a little bit of news, me and my best friend Jack are working on a new channel called Floating Round Britain, our plan is to almost provide Slow TV

4 hours ago, PD1964 said:

You didn’t take him seriously did you? 
  The guy says he’s lived on the canals the last 4 year in a small Dawncraft, after 4 years he’s progressed to a 30ft Narrowboat(rather old and in need, looking at his Avatar) does not fill me with confidence that it’s going to be any good or he’s to be taken seriously.  We’ll wait and see, or maybe just keep waiting.

More than I had managed at that age, at 72 I can still remember back then, obviously you are all a lot older than me or have shorter memories and can't remember your youth when you thought anything was possible and later found out most of it wasnt.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

More than I had managed at that age, at 72 I can still remember back then, obviously you are all a lot older than me or have shorter memories and can't remember your youth when you thought anything was possible and later found out most of it wasnt.

That was the beauty of youth the time when you could try things out and have room to fail, as long as no one was hurt you ended up a bit wiser and just got up again and tried something else. 

• Greenie 3

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Still waiting for something on their Youtube Channel, once again as I thought a waste of time, but they got some gullible subscribers off here I imagine. What have you subscribed to? A contentless Youtube channel? 

Can you please explain exactly what is 'gullible' about subscribing?

As I have pointed out more than once there is no money involved and unsubscribing is a simple matter of clicking a mouse or touching the 'unsubscribe' button.

Job done.

9 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Can you please explain exactly what is 'gullible' about subscribing?

As I have pointed out more than once there is no money involved and unsubscribing is a simple matter of clicking a mouse or touching the 'unsubscribe' button.

Job done.

would you have subscribed if you thought there will be no content at all? if yes, then I dont think you are gullible, you just responded to a request...

if you subscribed thinking you will see some content (soonish) and took their word for it (with nothing to back up), you are gullible...

subscription needs an active action, even though money is not involved, you performed that action... if such posters keep coming(asking for subscription), after a point you probably wont subscribe even though its free.

Edited by restlessnomad

Just now, restlessnomad said:

would you have subscribed if you thought there will be no content at all? if yes, then I dont think you are gullible, you just responded to a request...

if you subscribed thinking you will see some content (soonish) and took their word for it (with nothing to back up), you are gullible...

subscription needs an active action, even though money is not involved, and you performed that action... if such posters keep coming, after a point you wont subscribe even though its free.

There is a succinct response to that,

It rymes with rollocks.