Support if you can

Featured Posts

Good morning everyone, today I am able to share a little bit of news, me and my best friend Jack are working on a new channel called Floating Round Britain, our plan is to almost provide Slow TV in episodes of 30 mins for people to experience the canal network... it would be great if you could support us and head over to YouTube and subscribe at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe50Te2QxpCEcCspo5M06NA

We are aware the channel currently doesn't have any content, this is because its brand new and we are building up interested people into an audience base over the next few days, thank you!

We are still working on recording Episode 1 and will update people as soon as we have finished, you can also search for Floating Round Britain on Facebook and Instagram.

Thanks
Martin & Jack
Edited by Floating Round Britain

1 minute ago, Floating Round Britain said:
Good morning everyone, today I am able to share a little bit of news, me and my best friend Jack are working on a new channel called Floating Round Britain, our plan is to almost provide Slow TV in episodes of 30 mins for people to experience the canal network... it would be great if you could support us and head over to YouTube and subscribe at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe50Te2QxpCEcCspo5M06NA

We are still working on recording Episode 1 and will update people as soon as we have finished, you can also search for Floating Round Britain on Facebook and Instagram.

Thanks
Martin & Jack

Did as you suggested and this is what I found: This channel doesn't have any content

Just now, matty40s said:

You might want to return once you have some content.....

Snap!

Welcome, and good luck with your venture.

I don't understand your ambition to "almost provide" T.V. programmes. If you almost do it, then you haven't done it, as in 

Teacher: Have you finished your work?

Pupil: Almost, Sir.

- Where "almost" means "no".

Perhaps you could explain what you mean. But I for one look forward to watching your programmes if they progress beyond the "almost" stage. You'll definitely have my support.

Edited by Athy

You will be aware that there are a lot of channels in this spaces and some of them are exceptionally will filmed and edited, others not so.  
For what it is worth I would say 30 mins is too long for a episode.  

Once you have episode 1 out please come back here and add it to this thread so that people can see what you are offering and decide if it is to their taste or not.

Good luck with your venture.

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

1 hour ago, Floating Round Britain said:

We are just getting it out and about for now to build up an audience base, people who are interested will subscribe ready for the first episode.

How can you build an audience base with no content?

12 minutes ago, matty40s said:

How very old school of you.

Modern way

1 Get crowd funding.

2 Advertise for a base customer.

3 Maybe end up producing the goods.

ETA

The non cynical side of me wishes them good luck in their venture.

Edited by reg
  • Unimpressed 1

6 hours ago, Laurie Booth said:

All the best with this idea.

Thank you very much Laurie, we are very much looking forward to it!

6 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure about the quality of content at this point, will I be paid to take this gamble? :)

Thanks for the welcome, we won't be able to pay you in cash but we can assure you we will pay you in spectacular views.

6 hours ago, reg said:

How very old school of you.

Modern way

1 Get crowd funding.

2 Advertise for a base customer.

3 Maybe end up producing the goods.

ETA

The non cynical side of me wishes them good luck in their venture.

Not even sure what to say to this so i'll leave it at that...

6 hours ago, matty40s said:

By building up a base of people who are interested in what we are going to be offering, we have already had some great support!

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Floating Round Britain said:

Thank you to everyone who has been genuine and kind in your responses, we will have our first video our "Intro" out this coming Saturday so keep an eye out if you have already subscribed. 

Not another sponging poncing boater who thinks they are going to make a living doing nothing like a lot of young kids on narrowboats. “I’ll start a Youtube channel and be an overnight sensation”  Go and get a job and work until you have earned enough money to be self sufficient . What’s next Patreon donations? Far too many young kids and couples basically begging to support their lifestyle on the canals through Youtube. Go and get a job and support yourself. Another pair of the Snowflake generation who do not want to work and want everyone to do everything for them. How old are you two and what have you done to support your self’s?

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 3

8 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Not another sponging poncing boater who thinks they are going to make a living doing nothing like a lot of young kids on narrowboats. “I’ll start a Youtube channel and be an overnight sensation”  Go and get a job and work until you have earned enough money to be self sufficient . What’s next Patreon donations? Far too many young kids and couples basically begging to support their lifestyle on the canals through Youtube. Go and get a job and support yourself.

Not my view . . .

35 minutes ago, Floating Round Britain said:

Thanks for the welcome, we won't be able to pay you in cash but we can assure you we will pay you in spectacular views.

What? I get them on my Narroboat travelling on the canals and I’m able to do that through working all my life, not poncing for money on Youtube., Too many kids like you on the canal trying to free load.

Edited by PD1964

6 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

What? I get them on my Narroboat travelling on the canals and I’m able to do that through working all my life, not poncing for money on Youtube., Too many kids like you on the canal trying to free load.

If people are prepared to pay for something you do, then you aren't freeloading. YouTube channels are now part of the entertainment business, weird though it is. It's no more poncing than a musician is playing for money and I'm proud to say that have earned money from my music on YouTube. Although the 52p probably isn't enough to keep my boat on the water...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Not another sponging poncing boater who thinks they are going to make a living doing nothing like a lot of young kids on narrowboats. “I’ll start a Youtube channel and be an overnight sensation”  Go and get a job and work until you have earned enough money to be self sufficient . What’s next Patreon donations? Far too many young kids and couples basically begging to support their lifestyle on the canals through Youtube. Go and get a job and support yourself. Another pair of the Snowflake generation who do not want to work and want everyone to do everything for them. How old are you two and what have you done to support your self’s?

You seem to know a lot about their employment status and reasons for starting the channel. Have they posted this information somewhere else, cos I can't find it in this thread. 

23 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Although the 52p probably isn't enough to keep my boat on the water...

Depends on the size of the next two holes in the hull. :D

A 50p coin, a 2p coin and a tube of epoxy putty might keep you afloat for years.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rumsky said:

You seem to know a lot about their employment status and reasons for starting the channel. Have they posted this information somewhere else, cos I can't find it in this thread. 

I know nothing about their employment status all I know is their on here touting for subscribers without anything to show. They have put nothing on to indicate a valid reason to follow. 

9 hours ago, Floating Round Britain said:

We are aware the channel currently doesn't have any content, this is because its brand new and we are building up interested people into an audience base over the next few days, thank you!

Thanks
Martin & Jack

Good luck with your venture. some of the sour replies are from people with masses of experience, such as my self with over thirty years living and cruising the system so people with no idea coming on the forum sometimes raises the hackles. you tube is full of newbie boaters producing very poor and often incorrect content so please get someone on board who has some experience and it may even be worth watching :cheers:

• Greenie 4

10 hours ago, Floating Round Britain said:

Thanks
Martin & Jack

What exactly is the proposition here?

Going along canals at slow speed?

Are we expected to pay?

Edited by mark99

5 minutes ago, mark99 said:

What exactly is the proposition here?

Going along canals at slow speed?

Are we expected to pay?

They are after subscribers for their Youtube channel at present with no content. Typical new kid boaters who think that boaters will be interested in something we do every day. 
  They will show you interesting things like going through a lock, filling up with water using a hose pipe, lighting a fire using paper, sticks and coal, putting diesel in a boat, starting an engine and wait for it steering along a canal!

Can’t wait for another Youtube channel giving you a guided tour of the canals. Why do new young boaters think they have to have a Youtube channel telling everyone what’s it like on the canals?

• Greenie 2

3 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

They are after subscribers for their Youtube channel at present with no content. Typical new kid boaters who think that boaters will be interested in something we do every day. 
  They will show you interesting things like going through a lock, filling up with water using a hose pipe, lighting a fire using paper, sticks and coal, putting diesel in a boat, starting an engine and wait for it steering along a canal!

Can’t wait for another Youtube channel giving you a guided tour of the canals. Why do new young boaters think they have to have a Youtube channel telling everyone what’s it like on the canals?

Nah, it's all extra money in CRT coffers, as they will no doubt have paid extra for a Roving Trader's licence and a filming permit ...