WEMA Tachometer

Narrowjack

Featured Posts

Hours readout on my tacho has been grudging eventually coming up for the last year or so but, now not having it at all. I imagine this is down to a crack in the gauge face that occurred some time ago (a belt from a windlass at some stage probably), so time to replace.

I've picked up a WEMA item pretty cheaply and will fit in the next month or so. Whilst the wiring is slightly different I've sussed it out and it shouldn't present any issues. However, I'm wondering if anyone has installed one of these gauges and whether they've had any problems with it?   

WEMA.jpg

You will probably find that putting the device in a warm dry place for a few days will rejuvenate it. The hours counter works very well but you can't say the same for the connections to the display panel. How they have got away with suppling the same devices with this very common fault for over 10 years beats me.

2 hours ago, Detling said:

You will probably find that putting the device in a warm dry place for a few days will rejuvenate it. The hours counter works very well but you can't say the same for the connections to the display panel. How they have got away with suppling the same devices with this very common fault for over 10 years beats me.

If customers keep buying they will keep making and selling......