Postings on CWDF

IanD

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, IanD said:

You carefully didn't answer the question I asked -- are you a politician in your spare time? ?

in what way? What answer did you want?

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

So you are admitting that you used to be Phylis then.....

Not sure there is anything to admit. The username was changed by the mods!

10 hours ago, bizzard said:

I used to post heaps of rubbish on ere, but most of my fans seem to have gorn , It is quite boring now. :(

Your posts are forum famous. There was even a word for describing being playfully mislead.

You have been "bizzarded"

4 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

It is no better or worse than it has been for the last 12 years.

Absolutely.  There have been several of these hand-wringing, navel-gazing, self-flagellating threads over the years, but I haven't noticed much difference.  May I point to an early 'This Forum is going to the dogs'  example?   https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/9923-why-is-this-forum-becoming-a-joke/

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Absolutely.  There have been several of these hand-wringing, navel-gazing, self-flagellating threads over the years, but I haven't noticed much difference.  May I point to an early 'This Forum is going to the dogs'  example?   https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/9923-why-is-this-forum-becoming-a-joke/

Thanks for posting that link - reading through was like meeting old friends again. There's some much missed former forum regulars.

38 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I hadnt heard that :( hope hes OK, a very good poster.

He has mentioned health problems in the last couple of years. Last appeared here in May as far as I can see.

10 hours ago, Ange said:

Thanks for posting that link - reading through was like meeting old friends again. There's some much missed former forum regulars.

Indeed there are.

It says something (I'm not sure what precisely) that the thread, asking for better behaviour, had to be closed due to the opposite. Things don't change a lot in 13 years.

41 minutes ago, johnmck said:

People tell me I am odd!

Must be really. I have nobody on any ignore list...

What's an ignore list?

Only joking I know what one is but don't use it.

2 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

And to prove he is alive he has just posted (our times) on the thread about Foxton Boats!

You might want to check the dates of those posts.......

3 minutes ago, johnmck said:

This thread has made me pause for thought.

In my time as a member here, only one poster has truly irritated me. Quite irrational really, because I am sure that in person, we had much in common.

But his posting style was combatative, his presence constant. An experten on All...

Last heard he moved to the other place and bought a caravan. 

??

He's no longer around in the other place either !

38 minutes ago, johnmck said:

This thread has made me pause for thought.

In my time as a member here, only one poster has truly irritated me. Quite irrational really, because I am sure that in person, we had much in common.

But his posting style was combatative, his presence constant. An experten on All...

Last heard he moved to the other place and bought a caravan. 

??

I have met him more than once and had beer with him and indeed in real life hes a fine chap.

1 minute ago, Flyboy said:

I was told some time ago that a member of the other place once described him as a caravan utilising nomadic traveller.

He will have fitted in well over there then ;)

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

He will have fitted in well over there then ;)

Indeed, and there are quite a few from over on the dark side that are on this forum too, Any guesses which ones ? A few are very obvious.