Boat Manufacturer ID

TheSaintlyOne

Featured Posts

received_2747557055254584.jpeg.2170e9b3b4507183e51b11d2bcfb2db6.jpeg

received_2131578590470964.jpeg.d0f7865ca26e84712ee6c8a39cf11304.jpeg

I looking for more information on the manufacturer of our narrowboat from anyone who might recognise the design. From other posts I have heard it may have been from Sowerby Bridge. The distinctive gas lockers at the back seen to be the most distinguishing feature. The roof itself has been rebuilt of epoxied marine ply over a steel frame so probably different from the original. The bow drains under the floor to the stern. 

If anyone can help with her history and origin it would be very much appreciated ?

Easiest way is to google canalplanAC.

As well as being a route planner the site contains a listing of boats by name and index number, maker, and a few other details, derived from owner information supplied to the licensing authorities.  It is a bit out of date,  but that should not be in problem in the case of your boat.  It is not always dead accurate either, but it will provide a start.

N

My friends had a similar boat. They suggest Canal and River Craft of Sowerby Bridge,

who apparently  ceased trading around 1982. the Shells were made by someone called GM in the midlands. Look for number welded on the stempost in the front cockpit. Hope this helps ......

Edited by Hartlebury lad