Kerridge, Red Bull, Furness Vale dry docks

Featured Posts

Looking to black my 58' at Kerridge, Red Bull or Furness Vale this year, if possible just get her power washed and then leave me to it.

Any recent experiences or price comparisons to share?

Also quite interested in giving SML ballastic epoxy a go this time round (over my bitumen). I know it's a new product, but any actual experiences using it?

TIA

John Jackson at Kerridge will let you do it all if you wish, lending you his monster power washer. Its a good dry dock with high stocks so you can get underneath big enough for 2 boats to save money if you share.

Red Bull is a slipway drag out, close to the ground.

Furness Vale I have never used. Too far up the Peak Forest for me.

TD'

7 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

John Jackson at Kerridge will let you do it all if you wish, lending you his monster power washer. Its a good dry dock with high stocks so you can get underneath big enough for 2 boats to save money if you share.

Red Bull is a slipway drag out, close to the ground.

Furness Vale I have never used. Too far up the Peak Forest for me.

TD'

Thanks Tracy :)

Kerridge did two of the worst jobs ever done on my boat, one which ended up nearly sinking it, the other just totally incompetent.  Was about ten years ago. May well be better now but I certainly would never go back or give them any work.  If you're doing it yourself, that's obviously different and I dont think any yard can really make a pigs ear of blacking!