BMC 1500 to BMC 1800

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

New engine, what is all the gubbins under the exhaust manifold,/header that looks like it should have cables attached?  Not a gearbox?? 

I think what you can see under the heat exchanger is the back end of a PRM gearbox. Looks like the gearbox is just led there but not fitted onto engine.

2 minutes ago, Steve56 said:

I think what you can see under the heat exchanger is the back end of a PRM gearbox. Looks like the gearbox is just led there but not fitted onto engine.

Thought it was, it now seems to have leapt onto the back of the engine!

TD'

1 hour ago, Slim said:

As I recall ASAP used do some form of captive screws for the pump plate

We are going to cut an access hatch behind removable Companionway steps for that very reason ?

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Thought it was, it now seems to have leapt onto the back of the engine!

TD'

Yes indeed gearbox was detached for transport but we do have it 

51 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

I had a boat on the canals with raw water cooling for ten years and never once had anything block the intake.

Agreed

and

raise you ten...

Can't remember the old adage - something

do it once,

do it right

and forget it.

Just too many bodges around nowadays - mostly for convenience sake

and not for the right reasons.

If you decide to use the engine as a heat exchanger cooled unit it may be a good idea to improve the water injection exhaust outlet. Try to do away with the horrible 90 degree elbow and have a swept bend put in.

10 hours ago, TheSaintlyOne said:

Interesting that you mention Teddesley boats as Although my boat is of an unknown to me make I have had people suggest it was a Teddesley due to the rear mounted gas lockers 

FB_IMG_1595427523069.jpg.99996b0cd2dad720e55acfa594d8f11a.jpg

Have they not shut down due to illness I followed another link earlier from another thread 

I once had a boat that looked like that, it was from the 70s , the builders plate said something like 'canal and river craft, Sowerby Bridge ' to the best of my memory.  But the boat looked just like that at the back. It had a fibre glass top and quite a high bow. 

12 hours ago, Canal321 said:

I once had a boat that looked like that, it was from the 70s , the builders plate said something like 'canal and river craft, Sowerby Bridge ' to the best of my memory.  But the boat looked just like that at the back. It had a fibre glass top and quite a high bow. 

She does have quite a high bow. The top has been rebuilt in epoxied wood over a steel frame so probably looks a little different but thanks its a great help ? 

received_2747557055254584.jpeg.6cc4baccffcb0a0da61f328dc544e90d.jpeg

• Greenie 1