Dutton Dry Dock

haggis

Featured Posts

We have just come through Preston Brook tunnel and there is a lot of scrub clearing going on around the Dutton dry dock. Has it changed hands? 

We never come past here without rembering Tim and the wealth of knowledge he gave us on here

RIP Tim.

Haggis

• Greenie 1

A new company was incorporated in January this year - Dutton Dry Dock Limited - and a Google search shows somebody not happy about the C & RT tendering process for the site which went on in 2019. They put in a FOI request but it looks like they got no info at all.

So re your initial question, it does look like it has been taken over by new owners, but nothing else known - unless you know the directors of the new company, Lynette Crossley and Paul Entwhistle.

5 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

A new company was incorporated in January this year - Dutton Dry Dock Limited - and a Google search shows somebody not happy about the C & RT tendering process for the site which went on in 2019. They put in a FOI request but it looks like they got no info at all.

So re your initial question, it does look like it has been taken over by new owners, but nothing else known - unless you know the directors of the new company, Lynette Crossley and Paul Entwhistle.

There was a thread on here about it, where (I think) a 'losing' bidder was trying to find out why/how the winning bidder had 'won'.

Edit - here it is :

Edited by Alan de Enfield

3 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

He is a memeber rof Lymm Cruising Club https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00611956/officers  I assume all members are Directors

• 1 year later...
On 22/07/2020 at 15:50, captain birdseye said:

Paul also runs the Water Womble which collects rubbish from the Bridgewater canal, He has used Runcorn dock to do work on boats previously

That's interesting because there is a skip barge between Dutton Lock and the tunnel at the moment, there are also a couple of new wooden huts on wheels at the drydock.

SmallDSCF6608.jpg

SmallDSCF6609.jpg

• 1 year later...

The Womble is the Bridgewater clean up boat out of Bedford Basin run by Paul Lorenz. Good to see it about. Last I saw it was maybe 20 years ago when it was on the dock at Worsley being re-bottomed, boy, was it thin in places!

There was a brick in one corner, greased up and covering a hole.

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

The Womble is the Bridgewater clean up boat out of Bedford Basin run by Paul Lorenz. Good to see it about. Last I saw it was maybe 20 years ago when it was on the dock at Worsley being re-bottomed, boy, was it thin in places!

There was a brick in one corner, greased up and covering a hole.

I think they have given up now, the boat was moored there last time I passed April last year

13 hours ago, StephenA said:

From Facebook

image.png.39afb80e53937f8c23f212ab2e998968.png

Yes, I have been trying to make contact using that number and email address as of yesterday but have yet to make contact.

As I work in Runcorn at the moment it would be an ideal winter mooring for us. We shall see!

Daniel