SeaFlo Shower Tray or Whale Gulper Pump

Featured Posts

I purchased a Seaflo shower tray to gp under our shower inbetween the ribs in  the baseplate but have recently watched a you tube vid EdsBoat where he was told this was not reccomended and to just use a Whale Gulper Pump connected to the shower waste and then to a skin fitting????

What's best does the lidded SeaFlo trap have any drawbacks over the Gulper???

17 minutes ago, Loddon said:

when the seaflow box gets blocked by hair etc the next thing it does is overflow.

and you get a very wet smelly bilge which if not dealt with flows through the length of the boat. Nasty things should be banned.

51 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

and you get a very wet smelly bilge which if not dealt with flows through the length of the boat. Nasty things should be banned.

Echo all of the above.

We had two on the boat and they were quite 'orrible.

Being too mean to buy a gulper I bought a salty water type pump (the style that the nice Mr. Coburn used to supply and because we have a bath rather than a shower tray, we slosh about in the water until finished and pump it out all at once. Only a minor inconvenience...

5 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Echo all of the above.

We had two on the boat and they were quite 'orrible.

Being too mean to buy a gulper I bought a salty water type pump (the style that the nice Mr. Coburn used to supply and because we have a bath rather than a shower tray, we slosh about in the water until finished and pump it out all at once. Only a minor inconvenience...

Probably a simmilar pump to the one on my boat. 30 years old and I doubt it even had a new impeller. Still people today don't seem to want to wait while they push a button to empty it.