Pump out at Chester

Dave 2

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, Dave 2 said:

Hi all does anyone Know if there is a pump out in the Chester basin?

Why not use the internet to find one?

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-services/water-points-and-sewage-disposal

Tattenhall Marina?

TD'

There is supposed to be one at the top lock leading to the Dee branch but I was unable to find when I searched for it a couple of years ago. Luckily Halsall came past and filled our diesel tank and emptied the poo tank.

.................Dave

The elsan point is in the side wall of the dry dock. Looking at it from the top of the Dee branch, it's on your left behind a door. At least, it was when I was round there twenty years ago... There wasn't a yard operating a pump out then and I can't think of a boatyard nearer to Chester than Chas Hardin at Beeston. No idea what facilities there are at Ellesmere Port boat museum.

14 hours ago, JamesWoolcock said:

It is a CRT self pump out in a cabinet at the side of the top lock of the Dee Branch. So go into the full lock, and there it is.

^^^^^^This^^^^ although if you don’t have a card I’m not sure if you can get one canal side at the moment. I do know Halsall sells     them.