Coach line tape

Featured Posts

Who has had experience with coach line vinyl tape? Is it a bugger to get on? I'm not too shabby at getting a straight bit of tape stuck down but I imagine this could look awful if you get a wobble on? Any recommendation for the tape? Make etc?

Ta

3 minutes ago, Ouse on Board? said:

Who has had experience with coach line vinyl tape? Is it a bugger to get on? I'm not too shabby at getting a straight bit of tape stuck down but I imagine this could look awful if you get a wobble on? Any recommendation for the tape? Make etc?

Ta

This boat had it on when I bought it and it looked fine. It was taken off 2 years ago when I had the boat painted and by that time it was 10 years old. No idea what make it was. 

If you are painting a coach you will need to use masking tape and get it straight. Applying vinyl tape sounds simpler. I have often thought of doing the coach lines with vinyl tape. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

10 minutes ago, Ouse on Board? said:

Ta

Apply a mild solution of washing up liquid to the boat before applying the tape them you can slide it onto position. When you are happy with the position, smooth the liquid out with a dry cloth .

Haggis

Edited by haggis

I did mine in paint one time...and i am not very good at it.

Next time i used vinyl and i will do it that way again. 

I used this and very pleased with the colour match.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30mm-x-24m-BOAT-VINYL-STRIPES-TAPE-MARINE-STRIPING-COVELINE-BOOT-TOPPING/273823034964?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

14 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Whenever the subject of coachlines comes up I am reminded of my Grandad, who had them put on the new car he bought when he retired from the motor trade. The chap at the dealer's painted them freehand, using the crease in the bodywork as a guide (Austin 1100).

Have you ever watched anyone paint a wooden wagon wheel and line each spoke 

There is a YouTube video of a gent putting them on whist repainting his NB.  Sadly I can’t recall his name but it seemed simple enough although a little trial and error.  He even shows how to make a good job of the corners. In addition he shows what the product is.  Sorry for the sketch info but I just came across it by accident