Walsall Town Wharf

manicpb

Featured Posts

Does anyone know if there's a restriction at Walsall Town Wharf?

Looking at spending a couple of nights there before leaving it for a night and then moving on in September. I'm fully aware of the desirable and less desirable aspects of Walsall as I grew up there, which is the reason to be stopping off and hopefully having a few visitors on board!

I mean 48 hour or 7 day? I planned to stay at Longwood Junction for several nights but stopped by (in the car) to find it has a 48 hour restriction on it. It's harder to stop by Walsall Town Wharf without parking up and walking in to check so relying on this (so far) ever helpful forum!

8 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I certainly can't remember there being any time restriction signs, so I'd say it's 14 days.

If you need confirmation of that, drop an email to the licence support team for the West Midlands region. 

Thanks. I'm guessing I won't really be bothered if I overstay by a night to as it's rarely used anyway!

• Greenie 1

We've moored there many a time and don't recall any restriction. There is another mooring just at the entrance to the Town Arm on the offside which is gated. Certainly no restriction there or on the rings on the towpath on the way in

Not likely to be a problem currently but the Inn on the Wharf, or whatever it's called now, had a late music licence. 3am, I seem to recall.

Edited by pearley
  • Greenie 1

Been there a few times and it’s never been full so I wouldn’t think it particularly matters if you stay a few days and aren’t in anyone’s way. Same applies to Longwood. What matters most is that someone - anyone - visits these places.

JP

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, haza said:

on the way too longwood you pass me if you are  need of any logs give me a shout .

I'm good at the moment but will bare you I mind as it'll be mid September if all goes to plan.

When you say on the way to Longwood, I'm going (the longer?) Pelsall/Brownhills, with a weekend at Chasewater, route in order to catch up with as many old friends as possible. Are you still on the way to...or does that make you on the way out (out being along the Rushall Canal towards the Birmingham and Fazeley)?

Edited by manicpb

the way you are going thats were i will be .but the logs maybe gone by then but if not your welcome to them from wolverhampton up to chasewater .be prepared  for a slow cruise ,due to weed rubbish and depth .every mile will be weed hatch time .,still nice tho