YouTube suggestions

jenevers

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, jenevers said:

Is there any way to stop Youtube suggesting videos it thinks I might want to watch?

Yes. Stop watching videos. ?

Serious answer no I dont believe there is, unless there is something buried in the settings somwhere?

But google/you tube uses algorithms to predict what you might like to watch, all in the interests of 'improving the user experience' of course.

It is possible to get round it. Use a youtube downloader, like youtube-dl. Search for the URL of the video you want to see, plug it in to youtube-dl, which downloads the video file, then watch at your leisure. No autoplay, no suggestions, no ads, no YouTube comments, less tracking.

Jen

Lately I’ve been getting A Netflix recommendation of what people in my area have been watching. Exactly what connection to my viewing preferences it has I am at a total loss to explain because I don’t give a damn what other people are watching

• Greenie 2

17 minutes ago, Bewildered said:

Lately I’ve been getting A Netflix recommendation of what people in my area have been watching. Exactly what connection to my viewing preferences it has I am at a total loss to explain because I don’t give a damn what other people are watching

I dont get actual suggestions but I do get the link that says 'see what other people in your area are watching' my reaction is similar to yours, - no thanks why the heck would I want to do that?

Edited by The Happy Nomad

41 minutes ago, Bewildered said:

I have never seen that, only thing remotely location based is UK top 10 trending.

24 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I dont get actual suggestions but I do get the link that says 'see what other people in your area are watching' my reaction is similar to yours, - no thanks why the heck would I want to do that?

Currently we are moored on the North Oxford near Brinklow, about 200 yards behind our boat is a car park in a wooded area, I suspect that people in my area participate in dogging, doesn’t mean I want to join in because others are doing it ?