Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Athy said:

Why not use the same one both times, as most good Northerners would?

 

Should be fine providing you allow the disposable mask to dry out for 72 hours between each use... 🤤😷

Edited by cuthound
Phat phingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Castle quay is a white elephant being extended to form a herd of white elephants. Debenhams and M&S stores were both closing, however, the council has just halved the rents to try to keep them there.

  • Greenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

You try to bend the figures old boy. Put it another way, if I go to the high street shopping and park my car once I can visit many many shops and buy stuff and bring it home in one hit. If I buy the same amount of stuff online from the many different shops then they will all appear at different times on different days in different vans or do you not accept that?

On the other side of the coin is the fact that the supermarket delivery van calls at at least 3 house on our estate and a number more in the village.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Castle Quay is a white elephant being extended to form a herd of white elephants.

:clapping:

Quote of the week.

 

(Members unfamiliar with Banbury may not understand this).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jerra said:

On the other side of the coin is the fact that the supermarket delivery van calls at at least 3 house on our estate and a number more in the village.

The issue isn't necessarily with supermarket deliveries but more with orders from the likes of Ebay and Amazon.

 

We bought three items from one seller on Ebay. They arrived in three packages on three separate days. So three deliveries to do one order which if we had gone into town to buy would have been one car journey to get the same items and probably other stuff at the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

The issue isn't necessarily with supermarket deliveries but more with orders from the likes of Ebay and Amazon.

 

We bought three items from one seller on Ebay. They arrived in three packages on three separate days. So three deliveries to do one order which if we had gone into town to buy would have been one car journey to get the same items and probably other stuff at the same time. 

Your choice to shop at ebay if you were concerned about deliveries you should not have chosen them.  However everything I have bought off ebay has been delivered by the usual parcel post who have visited many houses on the round in the village.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Nibble said:

Seen it. Only one word for it. "America".

It's his constitutional right to kill himself with the virus and earn a Darwin award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jerra said:

Your choice to shop at ebay if you were concerned about deliveries you should not have chosen them.  However everything I have bought off ebay has been delivered by the usual parcel post who have visited many houses on the round in the village.

All my eBay stuff seems to come via. Royal Mail too. 

 

Very occasionally by Hermes if the seller uses them. When ever our local Hermes courier drops stuff she seems to have at least two or three other drop offs in the road.  I suspect they 'group' drop offs together in the interests of efficiency.

 

 

  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Nibble said:

Got my reusable face covering anyway.

IMG-20200509-WA0000.jpg

From the boaters passing this week

I see that mask is already popular

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wearing a mask is simply protecting other people. You splutter, it's contained a little.

Not wearing one isn't making a statement about being brave, just says you want your wife/mum/grandkids to have a shit life.

Since day 1 we have all known that it is invasive via the eyes.

 

added. Just seems a little bit bonkers that some people have found the right to 'face nappy free' cough over and fondle the bacon their hill to die on. Comical but depressing.

Edited by BilgePump
To add:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

Just seems a little bit bonkers that some people have found the right to 'face nappy free' cough over and fondle the bacon their hill to die on. Comical but depressing.

Can I have some of what you have been drinking ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Can I have some of what you have been drinking ?

I'm with you on that Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

 

 

Just seems a little bit bonkers that some people have found the right to 'face nappy free' cough over and fondle the bacon their hill to die on. 

Can I quote you?

I love it

Very free form

👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Athy said:

Are you suggesting it wasn't before? A collection of shops dedicated to selling things which people don't need, and so arranged that they can't find their way out again after they've finished buying what they didn't need.

Thanks, saved me saying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sally Grim said:

But I am a bit curious, so a question, mainly for the «pro-maskers»:

 

This virus will probably not go away for the forseeable future. There may or may not be a vaccine, but a part of the poulation don’t want to have vaccines. 
 

So are you willing to wear face coverings in public for the rest of your life? If not, what will it take to stop wearing them?

Are you against wearing  a mask in an indoor place like a shop and if so why do you object?  Don't you care if you infect someone with a virus that might kill ?

 

I have worn a mask in the few shops I have been in since March.

If everyone should wear a mask surely it will help by reducing infection being passed between people . What is so bad about that?

 

My wife has made some masks using patterns and instructions off youtube.   They are three layer so must be of some benefit . I admit they are not perfect but they cant do any harm and may do some good.  Also they are cheap to make and washable so the cost is insignificant.

 

If new infection rates fall to zero for a couple of weeks then the requirement to wear  masks can be eased . The more people ignore the precautions the longer it will take to get to reach a zero infection level. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Even more stupid to delay the date!! 

Yes...your hero doesn't seem to have a very good grasp of things, does he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I never have. 

Just before reading this post it crossed my mind that you would would be starting your denial process soon, and so it begins.

 

As I've said before, you have been so far up Johnsons backside that we can see the whites of your eyes next to 99's, when he deigns to appear on TV, and his mouth his open. Woe betide anyone who dared criticise him... your great leader :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

But what have we actually achieved?

 

Ok the NHS did not get overwhelmed this time around. But have we not just delayed the inevitable? Covid is still out there and is predicted to come back with a much bigger second wave much like every other pandemic. 

 

What has shutting the economy down done other than create a massive economic downturn?

 

Hopefully the NHS is preparing for the next wave because it is plain to see that the country can not afford another complete shut down of the economy and lock down of the general public.

If you look at the graphs, you will see that we are currently being relatively successful, albeit many more people died at the peak than needed to.

 

The numbers are relatively low right now and, whilst there is talk of a second wave, it is currently just talk. If there is a second wave, like the first, I guess we just have to go through it again.... or are you suggesting that government allows half a million to die, or should have allowed half a million to die the first time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sally Grim said:

But I am a bit curious, so a question, mainly for the «pro-maskers»:

 

This virus will probably not go away for the forseeable future. There may or may not be a vaccine, but a part of the poulation don’t want to have vaccines. 
 

So are you willing to wear face coverings in public for the rest of your life? If not, what will it take to stop wearing them?

I answered a straight yes to this, and that is the case.

 

However, logically, we could consider that 17,000 a year have been dying from ordinary flu since 2014, (on average, PHE), and it has been accepted as a vicissitude of life, and not particularly noticeable.

 

Given that this represents just under 50 deaths a day, so we could almost say that if/when the rate falls below 50, perhaps it is a risk that people could be prepared to take, or may even have to take, if life and economy is to continue as we know it.

 

If we become a nation with a percentage of mask wearers in certain places, and a percentage of social distancers, so be it - mask wearing is not unusual in some parts of the world, so we just become another part of the world with a similar habit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The messages are not clear, people do not understand how this disease is transmitted: I have seen quite a few people out walking iin the country wearing masks, a pointless exercise, my brother cuts his own grass then does the full handwash.

Morisson's in Horsforth, Leeds asks customers not to handle items unless they are puting them in their basket: someone in the company has a grasp of the problem!

Lidl were wrapping all bakery in bags, now they provide tongs for all to use!

The main route of disease transmission is most likely from dods of infected material which are shed via nose and mouth, and on to fingers, so touching anything which anyone else has touched is a major source of infection. If you have to use door handles wear gloves  use a tissue or the even the sleeve of your jacket.

 

The fact is that people who just ignore basic precautions are selfish morons, the quicker the disease is controlled, the better the outcome.

Edited by LadyG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Just before reading this post it crossed my mind that you would would be starting your denial process soon, and so it begins.

 

As I've said before, you have been so far up Johnsons backside that we can see the whites of your eyes next to 99's, when he deigns to appear on TV, and his mouth his open. Woe betide anyone who dared criticise him... your great leader :( 

Nope yet again wrong, a trait you are very ggod at. This ridiculous completely uneccessary face mask wearing is a mistake and not doing it from the day it was announced was another mistake. However so far young Boris is doing a fine job. No leader ever gets everything right and make mistakes along the way, even your hero Vladimir Lenin must have done some wrong in your eyes?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

This ridiculous completely uneccessary face mask wearing is a mistake and not doing it from the day it was announced was another mistake. 

I think a little more warning was needed than the day it was announced but the governments habit of announcing something will happen a week or two in advance is plain crazy.

 

By the way I assume you like very long hair?    The face covering seems as if it will be with us for "the foreseeable future" and you won't go into a shop as you have to wear one.

 

Not even a barbers shop?   I suspect foreseeable future will be not less than 8 months possibly a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LadyG said:

.....

The main route of disease transmission is most likely from dods of infected material which are shed via nose and mouth, and on to fingers, so touching anything which anyone else has touched is a major source of infection. If you have to use door handles wear gloves  use a tissue or the even the sleeve of your jacket.

.....

... touching something someone infected has touched - and then putting your fingers in your face (eyes/nose/mouth). I haven’t heard of anyone getting infected through the skin of their hands. So actually, the best advice is to wash your hands properly once you’ve touched anything, or use antibac if that isn’t possible. 
 

Saw a journalist getting in to a beauty parlour on tv - first she used antibac, then she removed an obstacle to get in. But that would make her hands immediately unclean again...😮

  • Greenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.