Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, Jerra said:

It's all a con didn't you know?    :D

I mentioned it in another post, but there was a guy interviewed on TV last night who said he wouldn't be wearing a mask, because he didn't believe in Covid.

39 minutes ago, frangar said:

Hopefully you’ve patented the cure and are about to become very rich indeed then.....

What a ridiculous response.

Smelly said "there's nowt we can do about it"

I must have missed what has been going on since March 23rd, and there was much more we could have done, and sooner in many cases.

17 minutes ago, Athy said:

Why indeed? In some cases it may prove an aesthetic improvement in addition to its possible health benefits.

One thing I won't be adopting is the ludicrous habit of of knocking my elbow against another chap's. Thinking of the chaps whom I'm likely to meet any time soon, perhaps we could shake beards.

It is probably an aesthetic improvement in my case.  perhaps waving beards might be more socially distanced under the current circumstances, says he waving beard.

19 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Well have fun but dont go out for a  walk because I will not be wearing one in public

You are not asked to wear one in public only in confined spaces like shops, yet again you try to bend the situation.

Incidentally isn't about to become law as of 24/7/20?

Just now, Sally Grim said:

Fair point! 😂

A Govid mask perhaps?

(Other ugly mugs are available).

12 minutes ago, Jerra said:

It is probably an aesthetic improvement in my case.  perhaps waving beards might be more socially distanced under the current circumstances, says he waving beard.

You are not asked to wear one in public only in confined spaces like shops, yet again you try to bend the situation.

Incidentally isn't about to become law as of 24/7/20?

Even more stupid to delay the date!! 

Just now, mrsmelly said:

It allows people who have not yet got masks to buy or make them, thereby preventing a panic-buying (or panic-sewing) rush.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

It allows people who have not yet got masks to buy or make them, thereby preventing a panic-buying (or panic-sewing) rush.

Kinell!! ten days allowed to make or obtain face masks :o

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Blame your hero.   Good to see you do find he isn't perfect all the time.

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Kinell!! ten days allowed to make or obtain face masks :o

They don't need to do that, a scarf is perfectly acceptable.   However our Prime Minister works in mysterious ways he not so wonders to perform.

21 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Its probably OK for Men to do it, but getting on the edge of unacceptability when Woman do it.

The Mayor of Bayswater has a song about that didn't he Johnny !

Just now, Jerra said:

Blame your hero.   Good to see you do find he isn't perfect all the time.

I never have. This is ridiculous in two ways firstly introducing it and secondly delaying it after stating its needed. If its needed then its needed or it looks bloody ridiculous. Incidentaly even though Maggie Thatcher was the best PM since WW2 as we all know, she introduced the worst ever legislation of the last century with the stupid Right to buy scheme.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Its probably OK for Men to do it, but getting on the edge of unacceptability when Woman do it.

The Mayor of Bayswater has a song about that didn't he Johnny !

LOL

46 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I mentioned it in another post, but there was a guy interviewed on TV last night who said he wouldn't be wearing a mask, because he didn't believe in Covid.

What a ridiculous response.

Smelly said "there's nowt we can do about it"

I must have missed what has been going on since March 23rd, and there was much more we could have done, and sooner in many cases.

But what have we actually achieved?

Ok the NHS did not get overwhelmed this time around. But have we not just delayed the inevitable? Covid is still out there and is predicted to come back with a much bigger second wave much like every other pandemic. 

What has shutting the economy down done other than create a massive economic downturn?

Hopefully the NHS is preparing for the next wave because it is plain to see that the country can not afford another complete shut down of the economy and lock down of the general public.

10 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I never have. This is ridiculous in two ways firstly introducing it and secondly delaying it after stating its needed. If its needed then its needed or it looks bloody ridiculous. Incidentaly even though Maggie Thatcher was the best PM since WW2 as we all know, she introduced the worst ever legislation of the last century with the stupid Right to buy scheme.

Well I can agree on 2 of your 3 points.

6 hours ago, Rambling Boater said:

I doubt there is any evidence that that was due to not wearing masks, but even so, there is a difference between the requirement for medical staff to wear medical masks and the general public wearing a non medical mask.

Except that that was what the enquiry found.

8 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

But what have we actually achieved?

Ok the NHS did not get overwhelmed this time around. But have we not just delayed the inevitable? Covid is still out there and is predicted to come back with a much bigger second wave much like every other pandemic. 

What has shutting the economy down done other than create a massive economic downturn?

Hopefully the NHS is preparing for the next wave because it is plain to see that the country can not afford another complete shut down of the economy and lock down of the general public.

It might end up with no people left to lockdown! :closedeyes:

3 minutes ago, bizzard said:

It might end up with no people left to lockdown! :closedeyes:

Unlikely given the low death rate.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Nor will it likely ever be so get used to being The Lone Ranger.

The Lone Ranger didn't wear a face mask, he wore an eye mask.
Get your facts straight BEFORE you post, otherwise it is drivel.

Edited by Graham Davis
  • Haha 1

Just now, Naughty Cal said:

Unlikely given the low death rate.

Depends on what you call a low death rate currently 15+% of all who catch it have died.    Agreed ,low currently compared to the total population but not low if you are a sufferer.

4 hours ago, Jerra said:

Misuse of many things is prevalent, speed limits being one, do you suggest we don't have those?    I doubt it.

As people get used to it they will learn how to use them.    Can you explain the lower death rates which just happen to coincide with countries where masks are either mandatory or commonly accepted.    Even that crazy country USA has a 73% rate of mask wearing and have a death rate of 3.97% compared to our whopping 15.45%

I don't know what numbers you are quoting but the US has a death rate of 442 per million, still rising fast, the UK has 661 and rising slowly.

6 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Depends on what you call a low death rate currently 15+% of all who catch it have died.    Agreed ,low currently compared to the total population but not low if you are a sufferer.

I'm not sure where you have got your figures from but other sources suggest a death rate of around 1.4%

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/declining-death-rate-from-covid-19-in-hospitals-in-england/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

5 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

I don't know what numbers you are quoting but the US has a death rate of 442 per million, still rising fast, the UK has 661 and rising slowly.

I took the worldometer figures for the day of deaths and total cases then worked out the percentage of deaths from the cases.   I am looking purely at the results of covid not how many of the population have been lucky enough to avoid it.

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

We had a week on the boat last week which took us through a variety of cities, towns and villages. On the whole most people were taking great care and following the social distancing rules. In Boston most people were being sensible and a lot were wearing masks. Then we came back to Lincoln and we were horrified by the scenes on the high street. It was almost as though Covid did not exist.

obvs a highland vs. lowland thing.