Harecastle Tunnel

Arthur Marshall

Featured Posts

We came up to the tunnel from Westport Lake on Saturday morning. The guy who was last in the queue was disappointed because he thought we were number six for the nine o'clock passage whereas he was booked for the eleven o'clock. When I explained to the tunnel keeper we were only there to wind the eleven o'clock boat was allowed to go through with the nines.

23 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Unless it has been repaired - look at the bridge just before the North entrance - there are (were) loads of coping stones and bricks missing - these were pulled off by vandals and used as missiles on boats moored between there and the North Portal.

Funny you should say that, we have just come down the Stourbridge 16 past the glasshouse and I said to Di.The first time we came down here the flight was a trail of dog poo and kids were hurling bricks off the top of the wearhouse into the canal, the warehouse is now a posh block of flats. Some things change of time but who dares check it out?

Unless it has been repaired - look at the bridge just before the North entrance - there are (were) loads of coping stones and bricks missing - these were pulled off by vandals and used as missiles on boats moored between there and the North Portal.

Funny you should say that, we have just come down the Stourbridge 16 past the glasshouse and I said to Di.The first time we came down here the flight was a trail of dog poo and kids were hurling bricks off the top of the wearhouse into the canal, the warehouse is now a posh block of flats. Some things change of time but who dares check it out?