Strange signs on the L & L

haggis

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, haggis said:

That's interesting. We printed off the skippers guide before we left home and at 8.1 it says to contact the harbour manager if we wish to move. The rules must  have changed recently

Haggis

Contacting the harbour master is in the 2016 guide but not the latest one. If you Google Liverpool Skippers guide it seems to return the 2016 version but if you hunt on CRT web site you can find the latest one. The latest one has the new blue circle logo at the top.

Thank you we must have inadvertently printed off the old version.

Haggis

Just looked and the version we printed off has the blue circle at the top ?. No date on it though.

Edited by haggis

12 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Contacting the harbour master is in the 2016 guide but not the latest one. If you Google Liverpool Skippers guide it seems to return the 2016 version but if you hunt on CRT web site you can find the latest one. The latest one has the new blue circle logo at the top.

Must confess I didn't bother reading the guide the last few times, so I hadn't spotted the changes.

It's currently here:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/refresh/media/thumbnail/38057-liverpool-canal-link-skippers-guide-may-2018.pdf

and there is a link to it on the booking confirmation email.

Navigation rules on page 16 state you mustn't leave your berth outside the hours of 11:00 - 18:00 (or sunset if earlier) without written permission from the harbourmaster.

So go explore, slowly and noisily (prolonged horn signal at each dock entrance) and give way to anything that's moving apart from jellyfish ...

5 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Must confess I didn't bother reading the guide the last few times, so I hadn't spotted the changes.

It's currently here:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/refresh/media/thumbnail/38057-liverpool-canal-link-skippers-guide-may-2018.pdf

and there is a link to it on the booking confirmation email.

Navigation rules on page 16 state you mustn't leave your berth outside the hours of 11:00 - 18:00 (or sunset if earlier) without written permission from the harbourmaster.

So go explore, slowly and noisily (prolonged horn signal at each dock entrance) and give way to anything that's moving apart from jellyfish ...

That's another link as the one I found was on the Liverpool Link page

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/original/11495-liverpool-canal-link-skippers-guide.pdf?v=51c9b6

Yep the may 18 guide is the one I'd  downloaded and saved but just happened to open the new version yesterday online and saw this thread later on...

Seems CRT havent heard of version or document control a date or version number would be really helpful...

We haven't moved the boat while in the docks - apart from shoving it across to wash the other side. We walked down to the sea lock and back up the other side yesterday so we felt  we had seen the other docks. We sat on a wall for a while watching a large boat which had been on hard standing being manoeuvered into place and lowered into the basin. There wasn't much clearance on either side !  We must come back though when the museum's etc are open.

Haggis

2 minutes ago, haggis said:

We must come back though when the museum's etc are open.

I thought they were beginning to open as from this morning.  Certainly the Walker was opening today.

Edited by TheBiscuits
spellink

>>We are enjoying a leisurely trip into Liverpool - we go down the locks tomorrow

Another tip.

Dont go down to Liverpool Marina for a pumpout. Their machine wouldn't suck a fly off a biscuit.

They could only empty about a third of our tank, but still charged us £20

Steve