Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

I have an issue. Started about three days ago. When ever I google anything instead of instantly going to requestedsite I get a screen up saying I have to prove I'm not a robot.

Any computer whizz kids on here know whats going on? I get this with my IP address.

About this page

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests and not a robot. Why did this happen?

Clear cache and cookies

If your ip address is dynamic it could have been used by an autobot

Edited by NB Lola

If your IP is dynamic turn router off for a while so that your current IP drops, on restart router will get a new IP assigned.

How do I know that my IP address is dynamic?
I have cleared all internet memory. Turned off the router and then after ten minutes turned back on again. Searched Google again and I have to sayIm not a robot again.

2 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I have cleared all internet memory. Turned off the router and then after ten minutes turned back on again. Searched Google again and I have to sayIm not a robot again.

Tell it you are a robot and see what happens.

• Haha 1

Most normal users are dynamic it's usually only businesses that pay for a static IP address.

21 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Deleted as I forgot you need to go into you router settings.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

You know I’m going to ask this don’t you?

I may be using a VPN! Whats a VPN?

I turn off my dongle every night As Iwas told to leave it on can shorten the battery life. The battery swells up. Ive already replaced one battery.

It seems to have stopped doing it now. Perhaps with all the advice I have received it has frightened it and now its behaving.

Thanks all. I’ll be back!

46 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Tell it you are a robot and see what happens.

“Duzz Not Compute”

• Haha 1

Clearly you are a robot. Ask the wife where she bought you from? Then you can download your manual. ;)

Edited by mark99
  • Haha 1

My wifes ipad that ‘is fed’ by the same donglehasjust started getting the ‘Im not a robot’ stuff. I appreciate its probably the same IP.

On 12/07/2020 at 15:43, Nightwatch said:

You know I’m going to ask this don’t you?

I may be using a VPN! Whats a VPN?

Virtual Private Network.  It masks your IP address and you can specify which country you want to use servers.  It’s also used as a privacy tool and to access services in that country.  Take Netflix as an example, if you are a U.K. subscriber and you have a VPN provider who has servers in the USA you can access Netflix USA which apparently has loads more content.  I use one and I subscribe to YouTube  premium but YouTube thinks I am in the Ukraine So charges me the rate for that country which is exceptionally cheap.

The reason I raised the point is that Google doesn’t like VPNs as they lose revenue and sometimes, not often, it can cause an issue similar to the one you described.  A very brief and simplified explanation of a VPN which are totally legit and legal.

But you need to turn VPN off to access iPlayer or Britbox.