An LMS Tug at Etruria

Heartland

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, noddyboater said:

Isn't that the original one?   Wooden,  formerly bolinder pup powered. Or is that a copy of the original one, and the other one is a copy of that..

12 hours ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Passed another Roama the other day moored  at Barbridge. 

5D517CC7-8558-4B21-B559-4D81D76DA5B6.jpeg

5EAA757E-03AF-42EA-859E-82DD9916868E.jpeg

That one doesn't look very wooden, does it?

I bet these are "fun"to boat in, being shprt, narrow and with a tall cabin, (and the hull quite  probably nearly all front and rear swim).

Our "Sickle" rolls a bit, but I bet it is nothing compared to one of these!

There are 4 Roamas listed on the boat listing, but only one is short enough to be one of those being discussed here.

I would suggest the last one (Roama 3) is the last one mentioned so far in this thread...

There are 4 records that match your query

Roama Built by Canalcraft Trad Stee in 1991 - Length : 21.1 metres ( 69 feet 3 inches ) - Beam : 2.8 metres ( 9 feet 2 inches ). Hull colour : Black , Superstructure colour : Red/wht/bl
Powered by an Inboard Diesel engine with a power of 30 HP. Registered with Environment Authority - Anglian Region number G16001 as a Motor boat Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Sunday 11th April 2010 )

Roama Built by Canal Craft - Length : 21.34 metres ( 70 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.66 metres ( 2 feet 2 inches ). Metal hull N/A power of 50 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 522110 as a Powered Narrowboat.  ( Last updated on Thursday 1st May 2014 )

Roama Built by Canalcraft - Length : 12.19 metres ( 40 feet ) - Beam : 2.07 metres ( 6 feet 9 inches ) - Draft : 0.66 metres ( 2 feet 2 inches ). Metal hull . Registered with Canal & River Trust number 51720 as a Powered Private Motor Boat

Roama 3 - Length : 9.14 metres ( 30 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) Diesel . Registered with Canal & River Trust number 523869 as a 0.  ( Last updated on Thursday 17th March 2016 )

10 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

That one doesn't look very wooden, does it?

I bet these are "fun"to boat in, being shprt, narrow and with a tall cabin, (and the hull quite  probably nearly all front and rear swim).

Our "Sickle" rolls a bit, but I bet it is nothing compared to one of these!

The original one is surprisingly stable.

We took it from somewhere around Beeston down to Venetian Marina to get it craned out and it didn't move around much, although we did accidentally spin it at a lock due to the bywash! It didn't roll noticeably at all. The only problem we had was a bit of a leak in the counter so it took on water whilst underway, and the bilge pump packed up so a lot of time was spent baling with a small saucepan, hence I can't comment much on the bit down the Middlewich branch as I was otherwise occupied!

Oates rolls a whole lot more.

Alec

• 1 month later...

Looks nice. Picture below in between the two from Hudds Lad- September 2021 with grey undercoat when Pompey Chimes behind  was moored up, Pompey Chimes passed us this July heading towards Fazeley or Fradley and as well as Pompey Chimes she has several other Portsmouth FC paint themes  and sported a Portsmouth FC flag on her tiller. I was expecting a Pompey Chime chant  taped music to come blasting out from her as well, very disappointed though maybe relieved at the same time.  😁 

D0EBDAAC-A521-434D-BB27-B7CE50064C6A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Looks nice. Picture below in between the two from Hudds Lad- September 2021 with grey undercoat when Pompey Chimes behind  was moored up, Pompey Chimes passed us this July heading towards Fazeley or Fradley and as well as Pompey Chimes she has several other Portsmouth FC paint themes  and sported a Portsmouth FC flag on her tiller. I was expecting a Pompey Chime chant  taped music to come blasting out from her as well, very disappointed though maybe relieved at the same time.  😁 

D0EBDAAC-A521-434D-BB27-B7CE50064C6A.jpeg

I’d have added that one in the middle, but the app i was using to stack the pics into one wanted a “pro” subscription to do three or more pics, and i’m tighter than a ducks butt :D 

8 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

I’d have added that one in the middle, but the app i was using to stack the pics into one wanted a “pro” subscription to do three or more pics, and i’m tighter than a ducks butt :D 

Hudds Lad suggests you may have Yorkshire blood somewhere, or be a Hudson owner in which case you could cough up 🤣🤣

• 1 month later...
On 02/07/2022 at 21:00, Stroudwater1 said:

Passed another Roama the other day moored  at Barbridge. 

5D517CC7-8558-4B21-B559-4D81D76DA5B6.jpeg

5EAA757E-03AF-42EA-859E-82DD9916868E.jpeg

Found the video of this one, she has changed  since May/June  2021 with a full repaint, there a fair change at the bow too. The owner does a nice internal walkthrough. The engine makes a longer appearance on the Severn and Avon