Jump to content

Looking for a service - Stonebridge Lock


Featured Posts

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well you tried plenty 

I watched the professionals struggling, and decided to use technology instead!

Today's project was filling the grease thingy, used a kitchen knife and Morris's grease, fingers crossed.

Edited by LadyG
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I watched the professionals struggling, and decided to use technology instead!

Today's project was filling the grease thingy, used a kitchen knife and Morris's grease, fingers crossed.

Shows your experience. You simply unscrew the whole tube assembly from the housing, then unscrew and remove the complete plunger end  so all you have is the tube, put the tube over the hole in the Morris grease tin and push down, the tube will fill with grease. Unscrew the plunger fully out then re screw the Plunger assembly back onto the tube. Then re screw the whole assembly back into the housing. Simple, takes about a minute.

  • Happy 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LadyG said:

I watched the professionals struggling, and decided to use technology instead!

Today's project was filling the grease thingy, used a kitchen knife and Morris's grease, fingers crossed.

I think you might have spotted something I've missed.

However, I would have thought doing it with your fingers crossed was trickier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Shows your experience. You simply unscrew the whole tube assembly from the housing, then unscrew and remove the complete plunger end  so all you have is the tube, put the tube over the hole in the Morris grease tin and push down, the tube will fill with grease. Unscrew the plunger fully out then re screw the Plunger assembly back onto the tube. Then re screw the whole assembly back into the housing. Simple, takes about a minute.

Not all can be unscrewed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PD1964 said:

I must be lucky then,  An easy way if both ends can unscrew.

I had one where you could only unscrew the top with the plunger in it, I put it in a boat jumble and bought one where the base, barrel, and top are three separate bits 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2020 at 23:33, PD1964 said:

I must be lucky then,  An easy way if both ends can unscrew.

Yes you are lucky, mine will only open at the top. It used to be a nightmare filling it up, until I found that the exit pipe at the bottom was easy to undo, thus stopping the vacuum being created. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.