Looking for a service - Stonebridge Lock

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well you tried plenty 

I watched the professionals struggling, and decided to use technology instead!

Today's project was filling the grease thingy, used a kitchen knife and Morris's grease, fingers crossed.

Edited by LadyG

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Today's project was filling the grease thingy, used a kitchen knife and Morris's grease, fingers crossed.

Shows your experience. You simply unscrew the whole tube assembly from the housing, then unscrew and remove the complete plunger end  so all you have is the tube, put the tube over the hole in the Morris grease tin and push down, the tube will fill with grease. Unscrew the plunger fully out then re screw the Plunger assembly back onto the tube. Then re screw the whole assembly back into the housing. Simple, takes about a minute.

• Happy 1

5 hours ago, LadyG said:

I think you might have spotted something I've missed.

However, I would have thought doing it with your fingers crossed was trickier.

19 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Shows your experience. You simply unscrew the whole tube assembly from the housing, then unscrew and remove the complete plunger end  so all you have is the tube, put the tube over the hole in the Morris grease tin and push down, the tube will fill with grease. Unscrew the plunger fully out then re screw the Plunger assembly back onto the tube. Then re screw the whole assembly back into the housing. Simple, takes about a minute.

Not all can be unscrewed.

10 hours ago, PD1964 said:

I must be lucky then,  An easy way if both ends can unscrew.

I had one where you could only unscrew the top with the plunger in it, I put it in a boat jumble and bought one where the base, barrel, and top are three separate bits 

On 12/07/2020 at 23:33, PD1964 said:

I must be lucky then,  An easy way if both ends can unscrew.

Yes you are lucky, mine will only open at the top. It used to be a nightmare filling it up, until I found that the exit pipe at the bottom was easy to undo, thus stopping the vacuum being created.