propex 1600 thermostat?

Featured Posts

hi all...    been given a propex 1600 heater for my little springer but it has no thermostat with it...   does anyone know if a digital diesel heater one can be wired in to work as there only £12 on ebay..  cheers

7 minutes ago, crosser said:

hi all...    been given a propex 1600 heater for my little springer but it has no thermostat with it...   does anyone know if a digital diesel heater one can be wired in to work as there only £12 on ebay..  cheers

I had one in a horse trailer - super bit of kit, bit thirsty on gas but really get small spaces warm.

I don't know the answer to your question, I guess it would be depending on if you can identify the wiring and get the correct bits wired up -  but ............

Is it the marine version ?

The automotive version has the exhaust going out thru the floor/bottom of the vehicle, which is obviously not the best of ideas on a boat.

hi, ive removed the woodburner as it was unsafe and takes alot of space in my little 23ft boat...  yes its the marine version with the correct skin fittings etc...   im hoping someone here might have fitted one of the new digital thermostats, if not i will have to buy a new propex one but they dont have a timer on and there £50 compared to £12..  

11 minutes ago, crosser said:

if not i will have to buy a new propex one but they dont have a timer on and there £50 compared to £12..  

Why would you want a timer ?

The thermostat switches on & off when the temperature reaches / falls below your set temperature.

Setting timer would just obviate the need for a thermostat, or would override the thermostat anyway.

I have a thermostat on our Eberspacher blown air system (same principal as the Propex), we turn it on when we get on the boat, set the thermostat and only switch it off several months later when we leave the boat.

If it is a hot day the heater never comes on, if it is a cold day its warm and snuggly when we wake up.