Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Flyboy

Idiot at Petrol Station

Featured Posts

I found this hard to believe anyone could be this stupid.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

I found this hard to believe anyone could be this stupid.

Ive tried to find an explanation as to why somebody would do something as stupid as that..................but I cannot.

Unless she was drunk or under the influence of another similar mind altering substance. 

They are out there.

They walk amongst us.

They vote.

They drive vehicles weighing at least half a ton, and at speed.

Most scarily, they breed.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

They are out there.

They walk amongst us.

They vote.

And give advice on Facebook.........

Very scary indeed.

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

And give advice on Facebook.........

Very scary indeed.

And even scarier on You tube!!

5 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

I once used a condom to transfer fuel from one bike to another. Took about a gallon.

I've never used the 'small' ones.

• Haha 1

As former petroleum officer I can add that the person in charge of the till is equally guilty of several offences. Licencing conditions for self service petrol stations normally prohibit anyone but staff members from filling even approved containers.

Every customer should be observed by the person in th kiosk before the pump is turned on!

That is a true classic in stupid moves.

The licence conditions seem to be largely ignored by all parties involved in retailing spirit. I think it's the totally unattended sites that cut across all rules of good sense 

9 hours ago, zenataomm said:

They are out there.

They walk amongst us.

They vote.

Some people sadly have horse manure for brains!

3 minutes ago, Mike Jordan said:

As former petroleum officer I can add that the person in charge of the till is equally guilty of several offences. Licencing conditions for self service petrol stations normally prohibit anyone but staff members from filling even approved containers.

A custom more honoured in the breach than in the observance, I suspect.

I've been taking a petrol container to our local garage three or four times a year for ten years, to buy petrol for the lawn mower. I was completely unaware of this regulation, and no staff member has offered to fill it for me or even told me about the rule. I do hold the container up so that the person at the till can see it before I start to fill it, but only to ensure that they put the gauge back to nought.

48 minutes ago, Mike Jordan said:

Every customer should be observed by the person in th kiosk before the pump is turned on!

The licence conditions seem to be largely ignored by all parties involved in retailing spirit. I think it's the totally unattended sites that cut across all rules of good sense 

Unfortunately not all of the world follows our example. The video wasn't recorded in the UK.

And as for staff only filling them, can you please quote the exact legislation please? I can find nothing that says that.

Edited by Graham Davis

44 minutes ago, Athy said:

I've been taking a petrol container to our local garage three or four times a year for ten years, to buy petrol for the lawn mower. I was completely unaware of this regulation, and no staff member has offered to fill it for me or even told me about the rule. I do hold the container up so that the person at the till can see it before I start to fill it, but only to ensure that they put the gauge back to nought.

Same here. Never ever been challenged, nor when I've bought fuel to rescue somebody who has stupidly run out.

in view that most outlets have a notice explaining what the rules are for filling approved petrol cans I think Mike must be well out of date.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I thought the only regulation for petrol was 5 litres in a plastic can and 10 litres in a metal one.

9 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

I thought the only regulation for petrol was 5 litres in a plastic can and 10 litres in a metal one.

That's the transport & storage regulations, there are different rules for 'dispensing'.

Well, she could have lit a fag...

Was this in Merica?  Explains a lot.

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Same here. Never ever been challenged, nor when I've bought fuel to rescue somebody who has stupidly run out.

I have, on a fairly regular basis, the standard combi can used for chainsaws looks different from the normal approved plastic cans

3 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Darwin Awards candidate.

TD'

Or a spoof? (I don't see the actual filling of the bag; could be a prank where the woman fills the bag with water then her mate films it?)

Although when we had the Tanker Drivers strike back in 200? a local Taxi driver was prosecuted after a 140L wheelie bin full of petrol was discovered in his living room

11 minutes ago, 1st ade said:

Although when we had the Tanker Drivers strike back in 200? a local Taxi driver was prosecuted after a 140L wheelie bin full of petrol was discovered in his living room

Although that's odd, not to mention malodorous, behaviour, which law did it contravene?

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Although that's odd, not to mention malodorous, behaviour, which law did it contravene?

The maximum its legal to store at home is 275 litres and anything over 30 litres you  need to tell the petroleum authority. Also its ilegal anyway in a wheelie bin so he broke plenty of laws.

3 hours ago, Mike Jordan said:

Was that film was not shot in the UK? I have never even heard of "Kroger" fuel.

3 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Was that film was not shot in the UK? I have never even heard of "Kroger" fuel.

Well spotted. It was in Houston, Texas.  (Wouldn't you just know it?)

Irreverent thought: I suppose they had a fuel additive called RedNex down there.

Here's another one, This one has an excuse, she's blonde. :giggles:

• Haha 1