Another CRT foot in mouth

dmr

Featured Posts

Another broken Lock on the Rochdale, and the lock is "Top Paddle Lock"

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices/17892-lock-11-top-paddle-lock

It might just have been somebody in a rush, but more likely another example of a CRT employee having zero understanding of canals.

....................Dave

29 minutes ago, dmr said:

Another broken Lock on the Rochdale, and the lock is "Top Paddle Lock"

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices/17892-lock-11-top-paddle-lock

It might just have been somebody in a rush, but more likely another example of a CRT employee having zero understanding of canals.

....................Dave

While were at it, CRT should remember that the plural of craft is............craft! Crafts are what artistic people do.

Howard

Peeps are not tort 'ow to rite prose nowadays - and with the facility of unpredictable text, coupled with everything being done on mobile devices - and in a hurry, I'm not surpresed that many fings get transmogrfied.

At leat 'we' get 'communication' raother than silence (as in P in bath)...

1 minute ago, Alway Swilby said:

To be fair before it says Top paddle lock it also says lock 11 which does give us a bit of a clue as to which lock is the faulty one. It's not as though we were left in the dark.

I know which lock it is because I reported it three weeks ago so maybe its been fixed and broken again ?

I suspect its just a fingers mistake when entering data onto a computer, but I would have hoped that a switched on canal-aware person might have spotted it before it went out. There are just so many typos and obvious factual errors on CRT signage, a bit of proof reading could make them look a whole lot less incompetent.

.................Dave

19 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

To be fair before it says Top paddle lock it also says lock 11 which does give us a bit of a clue as to which lock is the faulty one. It's not as though we were left in the dark.

Oi you, don’t try and introduce any semblance of reasonableness into this thread ??