Reading moorings - District Enforcement

Featured Posts

Some good news. I cruised through Reading today, and noticed only two random DE signs at Christchurch Meadows and the north bank behind Fry's Island. I have just checked DE's website https://where2moor.co.uk and Reading town centre is no longer listed as one of their mooring sites. Nor is Sonning (near George and Uri, below the lock) but Hampton Court is still listed as are a few other sites around Kingston.

In fact the only listing for Reading is "Dreadnaught", which is the bit of bank downstream of the K & A entrance opposite Thames & Kennet Marina (and it's really shallow there anyway). So is Reading Borough Council once again welcoming boaters? Good news if so - it's quite pleasant for a town centre mooring.

I think their search is broken.

That one Dreadnaught one shows up when searching for "Reading" as it's the only one with Reading in the name, nothing shows up when searching by postcode but the map view zoomed on Reading still shows 6, that are listed on their main page including 

Tesco (Coal Woodland) @ Thames Path, Reading, Berkshire. RG1 8DF

Chestnut Walk @ Off Forbury Road, Reading, Berkshire. RG1 3JA

* Queens Road @ Queens Road, Reading, Berkshire. RG1 4AR

4 hours ago, transplant said:

I think their search is broken.

That one Dreadnaught one shows up when searching for "Reading" as it's the only one with Reading in the name, nothing shows up when searching by postcode but the map view zoomed on Reading still shows 6, that are listed on their main page including 

Tesco (Coal Woodland) @ Thames Path, Reading, Berkshire. RG1 8DF

Chestnut Walk @ Off Forbury Road, Reading, Berkshire. RG1 3JA

* Queens Road @ Queens Road, Reading, Berkshire. RG1 4AR

Thank you - I didn't think of zooming. You're right - the jail loop is still controlled by DE as is Christchurch Meadows. Interestingly the CM page definitely contains "Reading". I wonder why the search engine doesn't find it. ?

So if nothing else, this thread will serve as a timely reminder to be careful when mooring in Reading - particularly the Tesco and Christchurch moorings which have very few if any signs.

Screenshot_20200707-072811_Samsung Internet.jpg