Towpath stoppage

sueb

Featured Posts

The cyclists on the towpath where I am don't seem to treat it as a gentle way to get around. At "rush hour", (about 5 or 6 hours a day), it's like Silverstone on British Grand Prix day, and anyone other than cyclists take their life in their hands if they venture onto it at these times.

It would be a bonus for almost everyone if cyclists were banished to the proper roads forever, never mind 4 or 5 months!!

Just my Humble Opinion, but I dont think I'm alone in it.

• Greenie 2

19 hours ago, matty40s said:

They will be moaning on the other side of their faces when the power goes off while they are cooking dinner because the cables finally deteriorate and break.

Agreed, ridiculous bloody people, there is an odd thing with some people that refuse to see the minor inconvenience of routine maintenance against the major inconvenience of a failure from lack of maintenance.

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Agreed, ridiculous bloody people, there is an odd thing with some people that refuse to see the minor inconvenience of routine maintenance against the major inconvenience of a failure from lack of maintenance.

Or if a cable goes pop while they are cycling over it

• Greenie 1

It is my understanding that the electric cables are oil filled and time expired, faliure of these could lead to considerable pollution. I don't know if this detail has escaped those protesting for their convenience to be accommodated.

2 hours ago, BWM said:

It is my understanding that the electric cables are oil filled and time expired, faliure of these could lead to considerable pollution. I don't know if this detail has escaped those protesting for their convenience to be accommodated.

They probably don't even know that the cables are already under there, hence the comments about running them elsewhere

On 07/07/2020 at 08:44, mrsmelly said:

Pathetic. You are riding a vehicle, use it on the many thousands of miles of roads designed for the purpose. 

This - and I'm a long-time cycle commuter.

The petition calls the towpath a 'safe, fast route'; if anyone is riding fast down a towpath, they need chucking off it. Towpaths are too narrow for riding fast. 

• Greenie 4

3 hours ago, Alastair said:

This - and I'm a long-time cycle commuter.

Towpaths are too narrow for riding fast. 

Tell Google maps that. 

Edited by magnetman