gas problems

Featured Posts

199045520_20200705_110248(2).jpg.659f5b307aa27d2022ac6c7cdc3a22c8.jpghi all having gone down to our nb after the lockdown we found no gas comming through the pipes,the bottle is full,the cooker is the only appliance on boardthe only thing i can think of that can go wrong is the pigtail swap over valve,has anyone got this set up on there boat,is there anything i should be looking at,many thanks199045520_20200705_110248(2).jpg.659f5b307aa27d2022ac6c7cdc3a22c8.jpg

Is there a difference between the two pics that I’m missing?

As David Mack says, try every valve, waggle every flexible, push every button. Have someone hold open a burner while you turn on and off each valve etc, in turn.

Edited by Stilllearning

I had the same snag, and with this type of regulator. 

Press the over pressure button 'Hard', the clear plastic button, it will 'click', it will then be free to 'jiggle' about a bit. Hot weather recently has created the over pressure to trip.

Not my diagnosis, the site gas competent Engineer fixed this for me, having no gas would be a bit of the 'stopper' now we can venture out.

OK - really stoopid question time. How do you know gas not coming through? 

After lack of use, gas takes an age to reach our hob/Alde. I hear it getting to the regulator as soon as I turn on at the bottle but I need to stand with the hob tap open and sparker sparking for (subjectively) ages before it lights.  Instant lighting once I've re-established supply.

Just a thought?

1 hour ago, Opener said:

After lack of use, gas takes an age to reach our hob/Alde. I hear it getting to the regulator as soon as I turn on at the bottle but I need to stand with the hob tap open and sparker sparking for (subjectively) ages before it lights.  Instant lighting once I've re-established supply.

Just a thought?

As you have already noticed, by the gas igniting. ?

31 minutes ago, cuthound said:

As you have already noticed, by the gas igniting. ?

2 hours ago, Opener said:

Just a thought?

everything suggested on here i have already tried, i had a  good hour playing with it i think the gas would of come through by then,i think ill try tapping the reset button next time i`m down,i`ve nothing to lose lose by resorting to the big hammer!

2 hours ago, dreadnought said:

everything suggested on here i have already tried, i had a  good hour playing with it i think the gas would of come through by then,i think ill try tapping the reset button next time i`m down,i`ve nothing to lose lose by resorting to the big hammer!

If that doesn't work, the hammer wasn't big enough... :D