The song of the fisherfolk.

Featured Posts

Coming into Rode Heath on the T&M this morning, six fishermen on the lock 52 landings, one who yelled "F-ing awful paint job, that's the scruffiest boat I've ever seen" as we went past*, and the penultimate one at the final bridge hurled his rods across the towpath, swore mightily and stomped off to sulk under a tree because we had to wait for another boat to come through.  I did mention that the canal was built for boats, but I'm not sure it helped.

I did take a photo of them clogging up the lock landings and will post it with a complaint to their fishing society when i get home. They were on every single bollard.

*I wouldn't mind, but I've just repainted the damn thing.

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Coming into Rode Heath on the T&M this morning, six fishermen on the lock 52 landings, one who yelled "F-ing awful paint job, that's the scruffiest boat I've ever seen" as we went past*, and the penultimate one at the final bridge hurled his rods across the towpath, swore mightily and stomped off to sulk under a tree because we had to wait for another boat to come through.  I did mention that the canal was built for boats, but I'm not sure it helped.

I did take a photo of them clogging up the lock landings and will post it with a complaint to their fishing society when i get home. They were on every single bollard.

Tell us what paint and brushes you used so we can avoid them ?.

.............Dave

I was enjoying a bit of breakfast one sunny morning on the Cromwell moorings, top side of the lock. I'd had an early trip up from Torksey and all was well until a rather rotund,  bald chap who was fishing opposite decided to shout to his mates upstream.

He apparently had been there since F-ing 6am, had tried F-ing worms, F-ing maggots,  F-ing bread  and hadn't had an F-ing bite. He was well F-ing F-effed off with the F-ing sun, wind etc etc. 

I shouted across that we boaters didn't want to listen to his language anymore,  to which he replied that I should mind my own F-ing business or he'd come across and give me a slap. 

I said to be careful if he was planning swimming over as due to his immense F-ing size a passing boat might harpoon him.

His mates were quite amused by this but he wasn't.  He did thankfully shut up though.

5 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Sounds like the penultimate one had overdosed on the misery pills fisherfolk take to get them in the right frame of mind for fishing. ?