Countryfile tonight (5/7/20) 6pm BBC2

jake_crew

Featured Posts

I will be watching it but, unfortunately, this weeks episode is being fronted by Matt Baker, who's presentation style hasn't changed much since his "Blue Peter" days

Edited by David Schweizer

4 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

I will be watching it but, unfortunately, this weeks episode is being fronted by Matt Baker, who's presentation style hasn't changed much since his "Blue Peter" days

I haven't seen Blue Peter since it was presented by John Noakes. ?

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well it was BBC 1 and bit of a waste of time

I quite enjoyed his fascination with boating, boats and the behind the scenes view of how they keep canals topped up.

I sometimes  think those folk who are very familiar with it all should hark back to when they first encountered the waterways. He was a bit like I was when I first dragged the kids on foot up the Hatton flight tow path.

It was a bit of a 'hotch potch' of editting, with bits stitched in from all over the network, but watchable never the less. Saw a fine selection of boats on the summit.

Matt Baker - yes I thought he was a bit of a pain, but he lives nearby in the Chilterns and I have met him a few times and he really is a 'top bloke',  including a couple of times during the gruelling Children in need Rickshaw Challenge and he was clearly 'knackered'. He had a bad day hosting the 'Flotilla' down the Thames!. Great family man, no gossip and he has an old Landy to run round the farm in.....