Residential mooring Kennet & Avon canal

Peddy

Featured Posts

Hello friends  I am a new boater :) me and my narrowboat 55ft Fata Morgana  are looking for a residential mooring between Bristol and Reading in the Kennet & Avon Canal.

I am seeking  Marina`s or Friendly Farmers does anyone could help me 

• Love 1

K&A is a long waterway and there is a huge difference between big bad urban Reading and almost genteel Bath/Bradhord on Avon.

Very few residential moorings but lots of people live quite happily on leisure moorings, all moorings in short supply.

You need to do more research or tell us more about what you want.

.............Dave

We've been on the K & A for the last 5 years, as marina based holiday boaters. In that time, we've only heard of one marina, Devizes, that has genuine residential moorings i.e. you pay council tax, get mail delivered, etc.

Other marinas tolerate 'under the radar' live-aboards but, rumour has it, one of the Newbury marinas had the council down on them for allowing this as it contravened their license. Not something we ever investigated, as it didn't concern us, so perhaps a load of old baloney!