Solar again.

Featured Posts

As per my last post. I believe that I have calculated correctly and it would appear that we are at about 90AH per day.  We are not going to be using the kettle, microwave or toaster. 

We have had a quote for a 12V 640W Complete Boat Solar Kit With Mono Panels. Works out at £750 for everything.

1 minute ago, Gerry underwood said:

As per my last post. I believe that I have calculated correctly and it would appear that we are at about 90AH per day.  We are not going to be using the kettle, microwave or toaster. 

We have had a quote for a 12V 640W Complete Boat Solar Kit With Mono Panels. Works out at £750 for everything.

90Ah is a more realistic number, I make that 108 Watts per day, so 640 watts of panels should cover it well for 8 months a year on most days.

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

90Ah is a more realistic number, I make that 108 Watts per day, so 640 watts of panels should cover it well for 8 months a year on most days.

Being pedantic it’s actually 1080Wh.  But I agree that you should be good for 8 months of the year.  But don’t be surprised when your controller never shows anything like 640W flowing into the batteries.