Any info?

Featured Posts

Afternoon, following on from some previous conversations I've had, this is our boat, or should I say this is what our boat started off as. I am led to believe she is a 1936 Brickies boat which was purchased from Fazeley Wharf in 1986. I think the number on the size is 80621 but I could be mistaken. 

If anyone could help with any more info on this I would very much appreciate it. I don't even know who would be operating such a boat at Fazeley Junction in the 1980's.

Thanks

Picture.jpg

Picture1.jpg

80621 is a BW asset number and the boat is still in BW livery, so it's safe to say at the time of that photo she was still in use a maintenance boat or very recently disposed of.

The bottom photo could be the north end of Fazeley yard - all built over and called Peel's Wharf now.

• Happy 1

5 hours ago, Rose Narrowboats said:

80621 is a BW asset number and the boat is still in BW livery, so it's safe to say at the time of that photo she was still in use a maintenance boat or very recently disposed of.

You don't happen to know what the 9XXXX series numbers were issued for do you?

Someone was asking on a different thread recently.

8 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

You don't happen to know what the 9XXXX series numbers were issued for do you?

Someone was asking on a different thread recently.

It depends on the context.

As number applied to a boat it was just part of the normal index number system introduced by BWB 1981.

The 90000 series was originally allocated to shorter craft (I should know this, but I think it was vessels under under 20' l.o.a.)

Instead of the normal pressed aluminium plates they 9xxxx numbers were issued as stickers to make them easier to attach to dinghies etc.

• Greenie 1

10 hours ago, Rose Narrowboats said:

Instead of the normal pressed aluminium plates they 9xxxx numbers were issued as stickers to make them easier to attach to dinghies etc.

I am under the impression that all GRP boats are issued with Self-Adhesive registration number 'plates' (all of mine certainly have been).

My current reg no : 118692

Sea Wolf Built in 2002 - Length : 10.67 metres ( 35 feet ). Fibreglass/plastic hull Diesel power of 2x 120 BHP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 118692 as a Cabin cruiser.  ( Last updated on Thursday 14th May 2015 )

22 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I am under the impression that all GRP boats are issued with Self-Adhesive registration number 'plates' (all of mine certainly have been).

I read it as being on the original issue when BW introduced the reg number system.

My Nauticus 27 (older than the reg number scheme) had metal plates in the 70000 series.

They certainly started out with steel boats in one series and GRP in another, so yet another for very small craft would make sense.  The question arose whilst discussing a 16ft Caracruiser on the New to Boating thread.