Featured Posts

On 01/07/2020 at 17:52, Nightwatch said:

I am finding this thread interesting. Just saying.

I don’t have any access, but would the Census for a particular period expose any information.

Yes it would but of course you only get a once in ten year snapshot and the relevant census here, 1921, will not be available until next year. There is no obvious record of a Gilbert family at Hatton in searching the 1911 census.

JP

1 hour ago, Captain Pegg said:

Yes it would but of course you only get a once in ten year snapshot and the relevant census here, 1921, will not be available until next year. There is no obvious record of a Gilbert family at Hatton in searching the 1911 census.

JP

Just a thought - if they were living in the cottage at the bottom lock, their record in the census would probably be recorded under Budbrooke, not Hatton. 

I have several Gilberts pre 1900 who all seem to have connections with locks = james Gilbert Grove Lock Leighton Buzzard

another James & a Lois Kate both connections with Denham deep lots of Gilberts in Ricky with some distant connections to Charity Dock 

i found these whilst helping a co worker connected to the Museum she is also related to Christine anne Thompson on this forum 

• Love 1

On 03/07/2020 at 16:08, jeannette smith harrison said:

I have several Gilberts pre 1900 who all seem to have connections with locks = james Gilbert Grove Lock Leighton Buzzard

another James & a Lois Kate both connections with Denham deep lots of Gilberts in Ricky with some distant connections to Charity Dock 

i found these whilst helping a co worker connected to the Museum she is also related to Christine anne Thompson on this forum 

Interesting thank you, non of the names I have come across in my ancestry research but I am confused why there seems to be no record of my great grandad living at or being the lock keeper at Hatton locks? He also moved to Knowle to be the lock keeper there, I’m not sure that there is a cottage there though, or if they just lived nearby. 
thank you all for your replies I don’t really understand what to do on this forum so I didn’t get notified when people were replying I don’t think. 

28 minutes ago, Julie Marie said:

Interesting thank you, non of the names I have come across in my ancestry research but I am confused why there seems to be no record of my great grandad living at or being the lock keeper at Hatton locks? He also moved to Knowle to be the lock keeper there, I’m not sure that there is a cottage there though, or if they just lived nearby. 
thank you all for your replies I don’t really understand what to do on this forum so I didn’t get notified when people were replying I don’t think. 

Hello Julie. I've done a lot of family history research so know it can be frustrating at times. It's common to get to a point on a family tree where you can't take that branch any further -at least at the moment. It's quite possible for there not to be any record of your great grandfather living at Hatton. I've had ancestors recorded on the 1861 and 1881 censuses but absolutely no record in the 1871 census, for example. So don't be confused, just put that line of enquiry down at the moment and try research on another branch of the tree. 

There are lock cottages at Knowle. 

• 1 year later...