DAB Aerial

Muddy Waters

Featured Posts

I'll looking for a magnetic aerial for a Ruark r1 radio with a F type fitting. I want to put the aerial on the roof, cable through the mushroom vent and plug in the back of the radio. What are your thoughts on where to buy and what to buy?

Cheers.

35 minutes ago, Muddy Waters said:

I'll looking for a magnetic aerial for a Ruark r1 radio with a F type fitting. I want to put the aerial on the roof, cable through the mushroom vent and plug in the back of the radio. What are your thoughts on where to buy and what to buy?

Cheers.

There are loads on eBay/amazon, mainly promoted for vehicles but they should work just aswell on a steel narrowboat. Just make sure you get an f connector type.

You may need to screw the vent off to get the f connector through or cut it off and replace it.

Have you considered an alternative? We bought one that just sticks to the inside of a window and it's surprisingly good. All over the country it gets good reception, except when we turn on the indoor led light tubes.

15 hours ago, Keeping Up said:

Have you considered an alternative? We bought one that just sticks to the inside of a window and it's surprisingly good. All over the country it gets good reception, except when we turn on the indoor led light tubes.

Only have 1 small porthole so not really a goer. Thanks