L&L mooring.

Callum4878

Featured Posts

44 minutes ago, Callum4878 said:

Hi, anyone know a decent mooring on the Leeds Liverpool, between Parbold and Scarisbrick? I’m currently at Parbold 24hr, moving on to Scarisbrick marina tomorrow, so need another night.

Parbold to Scarisbrick is only 3 hours. No need to overnight. Burscough is about 1 hour.

I thought they were 48. Hrs further down, but if you want a place with rings, you might get in at the ring o bells pub, just after the bridge,or outside the slipway pub or the farmers arms or Heatons bridge inne.  It's safe to moor anywhere along that stretch if you don't need rings. Also as has been said there is a mooring b4 the services at Burscough.

My 24hr is up at 6pm today, otherwise I’d stay here and move on to Scarisbrick tomorrow. May just look for a likely spot en route, I’ve been in the Heatons Bridge ph a couple of times, and think there’s a spot there from memory.

13 minutes ago, Callum4878 said:

My 24hr is up at 6pm today, otherwise I’d stay here and move on to Scarisbrick tomorrow. May just look for a likely spot en route, I’ve been in the Heatons Bridge ph a couple of times, and think there’s a spot there from memory.

You might struggle to find the mooring bollards at Heston's Bridge at present. I had to cut back a lot of vegetation growth last June and, given the lack of cutting in recent times, I would expect it to be worse now.

On the other hand if the bollards are hidden there may not be anyone else there.