2 amp fuse blowing

blackrose

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

It would add a lot to the cost of replacing the fans, so I'd look for fans that are not so electrically fragile if it was me.

Jen

There are bare computer fans but it's very difficult to find a decent looking 12v fan that's low profile enough to fit. I've only got a 50mm maximum depth recess in the galley. There are AC extractor fans with low voltage adaptors but I'm not sure they're suitable, so I've gone for the eBay 12v fans + the voltage stabilisers which I found on eBay for £18.

Edited by blackrose

13 hours ago, PeterF said:

Midland Chandlers sell combined fan and light units, probably fit under mushrooms.

https://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/products/extractor-fan-and-light-12v-white-chrome-8-12098

I note they put MAX in big capitals next to 12V so I wonder if these are as equally voltage fragile. 

14 hours ago, blackrose said:

I've gone for the eBay 12v fans + the voltage stabilisers which I found on eBay for £18.

Sounds like a plan :)