Please help me post a Youtube video

Featured Posts

Good evening, I would like to reply to the "Post your favourite cover" in the Virtual Pub but lack the nous to download a Youtube video. I've tried several times but am getting tied in knots. I use Apple mac iOS. Very grateful for any assistance. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, jeanb said:

Good evening, I would like to reply to the "Post your favourite cover" in the Virtual Pub but lack the nous to download a Youtube video. I've tried several times but am getting tied in knots. I use Apple mac iOS. Very grateful for any assistance. Thanks.

If still stuck let us know which cover of which song and somebody will post it for you.

Yes, literally just post the url in, from the bar at the top of your browser. Or if viewing youtube in an app, click 'share' and select 'copy link' and paste that into the message, anywhere, and it will do an embedded video for you automatically. Its actually hard to get it not to!

13 hours ago, jeanb said:

I can see by the kind replies that even though they think they are helping they are probs younger people brought up with this stuff. I still don't have a clue how to paste? Or copy something I am watching on you tube lol so it appears on the forum when I go back on it from u tube lol. 

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I can see by the kind replies that even though they think they are helping they are probs younger people brought up with this stuff. I still don't have a clue how to paste? Or copy something I am watching on you tube lol so it appears on the forum when I go back on it from u tube lol. 

when watching your vid on YouTube just underneath the moving picture to the right will be a curved arrow that says SHARE next to it, click this with your mouse. A small window will open showing some icons and just under that will be a URL (web address) that says COPY on the right of it, click this. Now go to do a post on here, click your right hand mouse button and select the option that says PASTE. Submit your reply.

the above assumes you are watching YouTube on a PC or MAC

1 minute ago, Hudds Lad said:

when watching your vid on YouTube just underneath the moving picture to the right will be a curved arrow that says SHARE next to it, click this with your mouse. A small window will open showing some icons and just under that will be a URL (web address) that says COPY on the right of it, click this. Now go to do a post on here, click your right hand mouse button and select the option that says PASTE. Submit your reply.

the above assumes you are watching YouTube on a PC or MAC

A chrome book ot android fone ?

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

A chrome book ot android fone ?

In that case its still the arrow and SHARE under the video, then click COPY LINK with your finger or appendage of choice, go to post here but now hold your finger/appendage on the window where you'd normally type until a window pops up and select PASTE. Submit your reply.

1 minute ago, Hudds Lad said:

In that case its still the arrow and SHARE under the video, then click COPY LINK with your finger or appendage of choice, go to post here but now hold your finger/appendage on the window where you'd normally type until a window pops up and select PASTE. Submit your reply.

Cheers will give it a go later ?

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

I am offering you up as the sacrificial lamb to be fossil trainer for the forum. Are you a teacher of something for a job? Your description was bang on the nail whilst I have tried others methods as described that made no sense whatsoever. No mention of urls whatever they are and a straightforward advice re for instance right clicking the mouse. too many people though trying to be helpful simply dont understand how to impart their knowledge. Well done old bean :cheers:

6 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I am offering you up as the sacrificial lamb to be fossil trainer for the forum. Are you a teacher of something for a job? Your description was bang on the nail whilst I have tried others methods as described that made no sense whatsoever. No mention of urls whatever they are and a straightforward advice re for instance right clicking the mouse. too many people though trying to be helpful simply dont understand how to impart their knowledge. Well done old bean :cheers:

Except you posted an original version not a cover. But we'll breeze past that. ?

15 hours ago, jeanb said:

You need to copy and paste the 'url' or 'address' of the video.

On browser, you can see it at the top of the page usually it looks like www.blabla.com/abcd  .... in case of youtube it will be like "https://www.youtube.com/watch"

It is annoying to type the whole thing, so you need to copy it somehow, and paste it inside the box here(where you type your text)

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Nope, not a teacher, don't have the patience.

In years gone by though i did have to learn new equipment/software at work and then pass it on to a workforce of varying ages, the simpler you can make it the easier it is for everyone. ;) 

• Greenie 1

Many thanks for all your replies. The right click business can be a trifle tricky on a mac but I think I've posted one of my favourite covers. I had wanted to add a bit of text but I couldn't find space.