Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Bewildered

Idiot snowflake kicks swans

Featured Posts

Slow news day, was it?

Why "snowflake"?

21 minutes ago, Athy said:

Slow news day, was it?

Why "snowflake"?

Not exactly a snowflake is it, horrible phrase that it is, more a bunch of idiots being idiots 

Lots of social distancing going on amongst the intellidencia , in lunun.

Swans spotted later having a post prandial ciggi , looking up Darwinism in their dictionary . 

• Haha 1

Pretty much a dead cert that somebody will recognise the idiot that pushed the guy in.

Probably doesn't have a criminal record at the moment - that will be set to change soon.

This was an appalling incident but I'm confused as to why you feel the need to use the snowflake label? Isn't that something used by the right wing to label the left wing? It can't be possible to know the politics of any of the people shown in the video can it?

Let’s hope the law traces the backstabbing little shit. I’ve no doubt it wasn’t his fault as he had a troubled upbringing so will be asked politely not to do it again.

The soggy gentleman was not observing social distancing rules as he was not from their bubble, the quick actions of the boy in blue saved numerous lives from the dreaded virus, there just happened to be a canal in the direction to which he ejected the spreader. 

Give the boy a medal. Also known as an ASBO. 

In fairness to the girl, it appears that she was attempting to separate them from fighting. As for the coward who pushed the chap in, I hope they catch him and throw whatever they can at him: that could have had serious consequences.

3 minutes ago, rgreg said:

In fairness to the girl, it appears that she was attempting to separate them from fighting. mating

Corrected that for you.

This is the moment a man was pushed into a canal in east London canal after apparently trying to defend mating swans from a group of youngsters.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Obviously if it's our own pet which is involved in a fight, we should intervene. But if the fight involves wild creatures, should we let nature take its course?

It's an unloaded question: I'm really not sure. Come to think of it, I have chased off a cat which was attacking a small bird.

I've got pigeons in the garden, they seem to do a lot of mating but it looks a lot like fighting, as for mallards, well that's rough sex and sometimes the female drowns. presumably swans are much the same. Anyway swans are nasty aggressive hissy things that may well have been fighting, Typical Daily Mail crap reporting.. From a snowflake.

Maybe the swans were lbgtq gti sr or some other group in which case they now have a claim for discrimination, by being prevented from doing the natural . ( fighting or having sex)

looks like ackney  too so they will get squillions in compensation once it goes to the high court.

2 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Maybe the swans were lbgtq gti sr or some other group in which case they now have a claim for discrimination, by being prevented from doing the natural . ( fighting or having sex)

looks like ackney  too so they will get squillions in compensation once it goes to the high court.

Fighting and having sex is natural for straight folks too, gonna get myself down to hackney and start a fight or, with luck. get laid, possibly both and see if I can sue someone - what a day that'll be!

44 minutes ago, Athy said:

Obviously if it's our own pet which is involved in a fight, we should intervene. But if the fight involves wild creatures, should we let nature take its course?

It's an unloaded question: I'm really not sure. Come to think of it, I have chased off a cat which was attacking a small bird.

Personally no, I wouldn't interfere,  fighting or mating leave them to get on with it, like you though I would interfere if a cat was chasing something 

45 minutes ago, Bee said:

I've got pigeons in the garden, they seem to do a lot of mating but it looks a lot like fighting, as for mallards, well that's rough sex and sometimes the female drowns. presumably swans are much the same. Anyway swans are nasty aggressive hissy things that may well have been fighting, Typical Daily Mail crap reporting.. From a snowflake.

Pigeons are very free and easy with their affections, regularly producing eggs all through the year, absolute pain in the bum when trying to do a bit of tree work

48 minutes ago, Athy said:

Absolutely yes.

As for a domestic cat attacking a bird then I would intervene, it's not as if a domestic cat needs to eat the bird to sustain it's life given there is probably a pile of nice cat food in it's dish at home. 

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Corrected that for you.

This is the moment a man was pushed into a canal in east London canal after apparently trying to defend mating swans from a group of youngsters.

That's very kind of you, but no correction required. The girl stated that she believed they were fighting, not mating, so was trying to separate them. Rightly or wrongly, that's what she claims was her motivation. 

Edited to add the updated version which confirms that witnesses stated that the swans were fighting rather than mating. I thought it was rather late in the season for mating. Feel free to correct your "correction".

https://mol.im/a/8469801

Edited by rgreg

Bit of a sad OP really. What a state of ming to have got into, with 'snowflakes' looming so large in the mind that random non-news is filtered through that particular perversion.

One would say 'needs to get out a bit more' but that's been a problem lately and one of the results is weird monomanias, driven by too much time on the internet and in one's own head. Often that's not a healthy place to spend too much time. 

Stay healthy - both physical and mentally. 

• Greenie 1

At Stoke Bruerne, there is apparently a mad swan lady. Several new signs (non CRt) have appeared on the locks telling you not to let the swans in the lock. If you do this, the lady comes along and shouts at you.

Anyone who knows SB knows that the swans love going up and down in the top two locks with their cygnets and boats, and sit at the top gates waiting for boaters to open them.This has happened for years that I have seen.

Apparently, lower down the flight is another family of swans, which obviously get into the normal territorial fights when the two families meet.

This is why swan lady has put her notices up and runs around shouting at people to shut lock gates....even if another boat is coming the other way and can be seen exiting the next lock.

So it seems there is a problem with my use of the term snowflake to describe this girl.

In common usage the term snowflake is used to refer some one who is easily upset and offended, and as often as not their response is out of proportion to their perceived offence; quite often no offence is intended or indeed happened, the snowflake just wanting to get some attention.

This girl claims to have been stopping swans fighting, so she appears to have been offended or upset about it enough to interfere with the natural order of things. Not only interfere but to do it in the most idiotic fashion by hanging by a rail over the cut and kicking a swan.

So as far as I am concerned an idiot snowflake who should not be allowed sharp objects or allowed out in public without a responsible adult.

The guy who was pushed in didn’t do himself any favours either by walking up to a gang of idiot kids with a boat pole in his hands. Even if the yob that pushed him in is caught he can easily claim preemptive self defence.

14 minutes ago, Bewildered said:

The guy who was pushed in didn’t do himself any favours either by walking up to a gang of idiot kids with a boat pole in his hands. Even if the yob that pushed him in is caught he can easily claim preemptive self defence.

I seriously doubt any magistrate, or jury if it came to that would swallow that for a second.

5 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Lots of social distancing going on amongst the intellidencia , in lunun.

Swans spotted later having a post prandial ciggi , looking up Darwinism in their dictionary . 

After dinner?

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I seriously doubt any magistrate, or jury if it came to that would swallow that for a second.

From the video I looks like he pushed him in for the sheer hell of it, however it doesn’t change the fact that the man approached them with a boat pole and was gesticulating with it in what appears to be an aggressive manor. The law does make allowances for preemptive self defence if you or others are threatened, you are allowed to use the minimal force necessary to defend yourself. Of course what is the minimum force would be open to interpretation.

Someone threatens me or others with a boat pole I would feel quite justified pushing them into the cut, confrontation stopped with no injury other than pride and a bit of laundry.

I don’t condone the actions of these kids but going into a confrontation tooled up is more likely to get you landed in the dock than the ones starting the trouble